Advertisement

Said the guy/girl bloging lol
    Last edited by Antgod; 01-05-2010 at 09:39 PM. Reason: double post
    " B safe "

Antgod no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2148A220
    Quote Originally Posted by Antgod View Post
    "There are a lot of the things happening today that we should be upset about and trying to do things to chnage, an icon on a phone screen is not one of them"

Said the guy/girl bloging ,lol
    Theirs alway something better to b#tch about,what does that have to do with the price of tea in china?
    " B safe "

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by tessitori View Post
    Well, it does not work as advertised, at least for my wife! She is always asking me to help her out with issues! I tell her: "When in doubt reboot!" the iPhone is a nice device but the Nexus One looks just as good! My big issue is data usage when traveling internationally! With a BB you can send/receive emails all you want for a flat fee, other plans/phones do not offer that!
    don't know the issues your wife is having but i doubt it is as many as yours. Not poking a stick, just reading your post. both are great devices, each one has there advantage. IMO, if you want a all around phone, then the iphone cant be beat. I'll let you know how the nexus holds up as i have ordered one today. about roaming internationally, yea, BB has it down. Thats not to say that you cant use your iphone over seas. Both have to be unlocked.

carebearwc no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Lightbulb How to Remove Such Apps

Ok, even though i've been a customer for about 2 months now, i have found a way to delete bing and other such apps, however, whenever you battery pull and reboot the phone it comes back with the OTA prorgramming. I hate it too... will have to file a complaint for sure...

here's how to delete it:
    1. Go to Options.
    2. Go to Advanced Options.
    3. Go to Service Book.
    4. Select the app you dont want, and hit the delete/backspace key.
    5. Confirm.
    6. Repete as needed.

Just remember that when you do this, it will come back each time you reboot the phone, but at least you can clear up some of the OTA updates/installers.

Have fun!!

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Much easier to just hide the icons, every carrier does it, complaining won't do anything unless it just makes you feel better to vent
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    This type of thing has been occurring since day 1. Hiding the icon has always been my answer also. It's high maintenance otherwise and hiding it makes it a one time thing.

I do happen to agree tho pushing content on someone is wrong. I've never agreed to this type of sales tactic or Advertising trying to get u to purchase something.

I guess I would rather have them offer it one time and able to chose "Yes" or "No" and not hear or see from them again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12