I've had Vlingo on my last few BB's and love it. I just got Quicklaunch, ... BlackBerry Tour forum

lamoglinsgal no está en línea Stack level 3

Quicklaunch/Vlingo?

Advertisement

I've had Vlingo on my last few BB's and love it. I just got Quicklaunch, which is great! But I'm wondering how everyone uses the two together. Quicklaunch seems useless without using a convenience key -- unless there's something I'm missing. And the voice command part of Vlingo, the whole reason for it, isn't usable without the convenience key.

The only thing I've found so far that works is to set Vlingo in Quicklaunch, keep the default right key to camera, but change Vlingo in its options to right as well. Launch from Quicklaunch, and use the right key to speak. This also brings up the camera behind it, but works. This is doable for now, though it would be easier if I coudl designate another key for Vlingo.

Now, I know I could also drop the camera from the right, but I like it like that.

Maybe RIM just needs to add another convenience key.

MEEKO no está en línea Stack level 2
    what about the left convenience key?? Am I missing something?

lamoglinsgal no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm not able to use the left convenience key for both Vlingo and Quicklaunch. If I have it set for Vlingo, I can only use Quicklaunch from the icon. If I have it set to Quicklaunch, but set for Vlingo in its options, it doesn't work when I'm in the application.