Hi all, I wish I were more of a techie...maybe then these changes wouldn't be ... BlackBerry Tour forum

algae no está en línea Stack level 2

Questions on transitioning to a Tour?

Advertisement

Hi all,
    I wish I were more of a techie...maybe then these changes wouldn't be so painful....
    Yesterday I upgraded from my Curve to a Tour. With a few exceptions I've managed to tweak everything to the way I like them.
    I'm having trouble with the following:
    1. No memopad icon on the Tour. The icon doesn't show up anywhere. I've checked the applications folder, unhidden everything I can see, and I still can't find the Memopad icon. However, when I do a search for a known item in the Memopad, I can find it so I know it's on the device but for the life of me, I can't find the *&^%^ icon!
    2. I have some photos on my Curve that I forgot to e-mail to myself before I pulled the plug on my service to change it to the Tour. I don't have memory card for either device. How can I get those files over the Tour?
    Thanks for any assistance.
    Gary

Diffused no está en línea Stack level 3
    Not sure about the photo transfer except if they are on desktop manager, you might find them there and redownload. With the memo icon, if you havent already done it, do the battery pull. Then I would resend the service books.
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.77 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105
    Last edited by Diffused; 08-01-2009 at 02:20 PM. Reason: misspell

Thanks for that advice. Regarding the Memopad question, I did as you said and it didn't work. Here's something that opened the memopad:
    For number 1 for now, go to phone
    Options
    Dial from homescreen - no
    Save
    Then from homescreen, press the letter d

That came from another user and it worked. However I still don't know where the memopad icon went and I don't want to do that procedure everytime I need it. Does that give you any clues?

Regarding the photos, they don't show up under the desktop manager so I can't transfer them that way. The Curve never had a memory card in it so my photos are in the device memory. I can put the card from my Tour in there but I don't know how to get them from the Device Memory to the Memory Card.

G.

Found the Memopad....I somehow managed to move it to the Instant Messaging Folder...I could swear I looked in there...must be old age
    Any help with the memory card issue would be great.
    Thanks
    Gary

jonah1982 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    322B4F2E
    Put your memory card in the curve. Go to media then to pictures. Select device folder which is where your pics are now, hightlight the first pic you want to transfer and hit blackberry options button, select Move, then select media card for your destination and repeat process for each picture. You have to do them one by one unfortunately if you can't do it via desktop manager. Even without desktop manager if you have it set in your media card settings under option (the wrench) to automatically detect as a mass storage device you should be able to import your pics to your computer that way.

Thanks. It doesn't give me the media card as an option. The only choice I have is the Device Memory.
    ??

dtole no está en línea Stack level 5
    Algae, the only other way to get the photos is to Bluetooth them from one phone to the other.

All you have to do is connect the phones together via bluetooth(options then bluetooth, add a device)...then once you have done that, In media app, go to each pic and bluetooth it over to the other phone
    D-Tole

Got it. Thanks!

Instantz no está en línea Stack level 3
    Another way you can do it is when you connect your old curve to your computer. You can go into the computer folder that shows the different drivers and the blackberry should show up there, and you can click on it and you can find all of the files on it that way and you should be able to drag and drop what ever is on the phone in the different folders onto your desktop and do the same putting it on your new blackberry.
    I did this with my phones.
    -MOTO*DROID- *Verizon Wireless*

dg12 no está en línea Stack level 1
    If you still have your old Blackberry, why not use the switch devices option on the BB Desktop Manager. Very simple to do. I transitioned from my old Curve to my new Tour in about minutes. Everything-contacts, calendar, memos and all my apps and settings all moved. Amazingly enen my bookmarks on the BB internet explorer and Opera Mini moved too. Most definately recomend it.

My IT guy said not to do it that way as it might mess up the BES settings. However since last posting I have figured it out. I was having difficulty browsing from the device memory to the memory card.
    Thanks
    G.