Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I upgraded from the 8330 to the 9630 yesterday So far I am very happy ... BlackBerry Tour forum

wcbratton no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    312AE7B1

Question Profile exceptions on a tour?

Advertisement

I upgraded from the 8330 to the 9630 yesterday So far I am very happy with the transition with the exception of not finding profile exceptions. I used to be able to set my 8330 to ring only if certain people called and anyone else the 8330 wouldnt ring. Has anyone figured out how todo this with the 9630? Thanks for any help anyone can give me......

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    what tour OS are you running?
    when my tour came the profiles were a joke...
    no matter what changes I made they would be made universal. my hope in setting something like what your talking about up were almost non existent.
    when I upgraded my OS I was able to make individual changes to individual profiles and it worked!
    bam!

if your profiles work properly for you you should be able to set our default profile to phone only or to alerts off (or whatever you want it to be set to, vibrate maybe?) then at the very bottom of the profiles box you can select "set contact alerts"
    set whatever you want there for your contacts.
    hope some of that helps
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

PIN/ID
    312AE7B1
    I'm running 4.7.1.40 & I do have the option to set contact alerts but its quite different from the way the Curve 8330 worked & I dont have any kind of option to edit any of the profiles that are already on my bb. Using it the way youre describing sort of works but it just take a little more effort than using my 8330. I will give it a go. Thanks!

for sure, please ask more questions if your having issues, I'll do my best to help and clarify anything I can.
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

PIN/ID
    312AE7B1
    Well I am quite disappointed in regards to how the profiles are working on my Tour. It rings when its not supposed to & the ringers are not the ringers that I have selected. The only profiles that seems to work correctly is the silent & vibe only. I have made 3 different custom profiles & neither of them are working correctly. Does anyone know a fix for this? I am running 4.7.1.40...... Thanks in advance for any insight.

I believe it is an os issue.
    I think there is another official OS for the tour if you don't want to use the 5.0 beta.
    After I got on a newer OS my profiles worked no problem.

PIN/ID
    312AE7B1
    Quote Originally Posted by luciferseamus View Post
    I believe it is an os issue.
    I think there is another official OS for the tour if you don't want to use the 5.0 beta.
    After I got on a newer OS my profiles worked no problem.
    Ill doit, which OS are you running? I need this to work properly, never had an issue with my 8330 in regards to profiles.

kiz88 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30EE1366
    Mine is the same, Sprint 4.7 if you change any profile it changes all profiles, looks like they went universal on the phone only, vibe settings etc, personally I liked it the way it was on my Curve 8330, my only Tour complaint.
    Blackberry 9630, FTW and Palm Treo's!

I'm using the 5.0.0.0.230 beta found on blackberryos.com
    Like I said, after I upgraded my os I had no further issues. It's actually (imo) a more stable os

PIN/ID
    312AE7B1
    I'm using the 5.0.0.0.230 beta found on blackberryos.com
    Like I said, after I upgraded my os I had no further issues. It's actually (imo) a more stable os
    Well I was a lil nervous to upgrade to 5.0 but if you feel its more stable I give it a try. Outside of the profile issue I'm having there are no complaints. Gonna have to wait til the weekend to do the upgrade. Thanks!

no problem man...
    please let us all know how it goes... apparently there is another one coming out, 5.0.0.278 (or something like that) I'll check it out if I can and get back to you on how well it works.
    also, there is a NEW OS from sprint found here it's 4.7.1.57 it's at least an official release. I have not tried it but it you feel weird about a beta then give this one a try.
    just remember delete the vendor.xml file if you are not on sprint
    (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader)

PIN/ID
    312AE7B1
    no problem man...
    please let us all know how it goes... apparently there is another one coming out, 5.0.0.278 (or something like that) I'll check it out if I can and get back to you on how well it works.
    also, there is a NEW OS from sprint found here it's 4.7.1.57 it's at least an official release. I have not tried it but it you feel weird about a beta then give this one a try.
    just remember delete the vendor.xml file if you are not on sprint
    (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader)
    Thanks for your help, ill do the 5.0 upgrade next weekend.

Not a problem man!
    Hope your diggin' it and that it's working well for you!
    Come on .283 or an official release!

kylemcdonald87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Just got my Tour yesterday also at Cellular South, and thats my only complaint is that for the pre-loaded profiles, if you change anything it changes them all... no real customization's like on my 8830. Cant upgrade to 5.0 either because the Cellular South service books make my browser disappear and give me the no browser configuration message if i try to go to a web page....

PIN/ID
    312AE7B1
    Are you saying you cant upgrade to 5.0 because you tried it already? Its too badd, cuz it fixed any and all issues that i had, battery last longer, profiles work, threaded texting. In fact i have not even done a battery pull in 4 days now. Do a search on blackberryos.com for Browser icon missing on 5.0.0.x, maybe that will help, there was another bb user with the same issue. Good luck......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast