it doesn't happen everyday, but i have had the phone just reboot itself when using ... BlackBerry Tour forum

popkorn no está en línea Stack level 1

phone as modem - phone shuts off randomly

Advertisement

it doesn't happen everyday, but i have had the phone just reboot itself when using 'phone as modem' (6-8 times since July 16th). no phone calls are coming in and no messages (of any kind). the phone is connected through bluetooth as modem and powered through the computer. i run it probably 6 hrs a day as a modem.

anyone else have this issue?

Sprint 9630
    no updates to speak of yet - fresh out of the box.

Cheers!

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    Mine does that also without using the phone as a modem. Today was the second time it did that in 2 weeks.

dtole no está en línea Stack level 5
    Popkorn...I don;t have an answer, but I would like to know the steps to using the Tour as a modem...PIN me or add me on BBM
    D-Tole

PIN/ID
    skdck
    Sad to say, but thats what a lot of peeps say about the storm. You might want to contact catside, he's the storm connoisseur, and he might can tell you about the latest OS upgrade.

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Hustle View Post
    Sad to say, but thats what a lot of peeps say about the storm. You might want to contact catside, he's the storm connoisseur, and he might can tell you about the latest OS upgrade.

Yeah catstide might be a storm man, but I think Popkorn is having problems with his new Tour
    BlackBerry9530/4.7.0.122 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

PIN/ID
    skdck
    Quote Originally Posted by getsugatensho View Post
    Yeah catstide might be a storm man, but I think Popkorn is having problems with his new Tour
    BlackBerry9530/4.7.0.122 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105
    Im sorry, i was reading a storm thread and i went back to here and i was still had that thread on my mind when i saw and replied.
    Also, does sprint even offer the tethering service?
    Last edited by Charlie Hustle; 08-03-2009 at 02:49 PM.

here are the instructons for setting up the phone as modem.
    http://forums.pinstack.com/f75/how_to_set_up_bluetooth_pc_connectivity-5717/

i actually prefer the bluetooth method (dialup connection), but you can also download the Sprint Smartview software (used for the AirCards and works exactley the same) and run it through there interface.

Yes Sprint offers this service with (I believe) all their smartphones and a handful of the others.

My guess is the OS will need an update to fix the issue. I probably wouldn't mind it so much, but the long bootup on the Tour is what really kills.

Thanks for all the input guys.

petemoralez no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30B6A8D7
    Does it get really hot before that happens? My tour tends to get really hot and not respond to charging and about few min later show a white screen with a bunch of error codes in sections for a split second. I've been trying to snap a picture of it but never got it :/
    BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

petemoralez - i'm never holding it when it happens - it sits right below my monitor charging and i happen to see the red light come on out of the corner of my eye.

btw, it still reboots about 2-4 times a week when in 'phone as modem' mode. usually only once a day though.

hackerjoe no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hi curious which Smartview software will work for the 9630 ??? Which Aircard software do I need to download ?
    Thanks,
    Joe
    Is it fRiDay Y3t ?
    Me likey :P
    Access Denied !