I got the Tour the day it came out, which wasnt very long ago, and ... BlackBerry Tour forum

MEEKO no está en línea Stack level 2

Numbers wearing off

Advertisement

I got the Tour the day it came out, which wasnt very long ago, and now my keys and numbers and letters are wearing off. WTF?? So far my "alt" key "o" key and "p" key has light showing thru where the black part of the key is. Is there a way to prevent this?? Has anyone else had these issues? Thanks

BiggieMack25 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Sounds like a defect on your keypad. I would look see about replacing the keypad (see if the carrier will replace based on 1 year warranty?)...
    Biggie Mack 25
    ....I can see my house from here.....

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I agree. There's no way the keys should wear out that fast. The only thing about a warranty replacement is that the almost always replace your phone with a refurbrished phone.
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    WTH! Do you have sand paper instead of fingerprints? That's ludicrous. I would return that crappola or get the keypad and replace it. Go to cnn.cn They have parts for all of our bb's
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

BiggieMack25 no está en línea Stack level 3
    The rats on a keypad rampage!!!

If I ever go to war, I know who to call on!!!!
    Biggie Mack 25
    ....I can see my house from here.....

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Might want to try www.dealsishop.com, too. They are local and their prices are better. Don't imagine anybody has parts for the Tour yet, though.

Sounds as though this is a warranty issue, though.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Keypads and the whole shinanigans for your tour are found here: The site's trust worthy I've ordered several parts from here. Here's the link for the page: Links for parts for your damaged tour
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Wow, they're ahead of the game, then. Our boys here in the States needa get on their game!

MEEKO no está en línea Stack level 2
    I use the factory holster and no sandpaper. i thought about warrenty but im sure they will say normal wear and tear, huh? Thanks for the help, I take it no one else has issues with the key pad.

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by MEEKO View Post
    I use the factory holster and no sandpaper. i thought about warrenty but im sure they will say normal wear and tear, huh? Thanks for the help, I take it no one else has issues with the key pad.

Normal wear and tear!?
    i would most def say not the case here. These phones if taken care of should not have that significant wear and tear in the first couple years let alone a couple of months. I feel that where you got your phone would consider this a warranty issue.
    Good luck and please let us know.
    regards
    cHAd
    P I N S T A C K E R F O R L I F E!

Lowercase no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30D51B0D
    Quote Originally Posted by MEEKO View Post
    That does not sound right at all, this is what I would do (if your service provider is Sprint); if you're close to a Service and Repair Center (company owned or ASC) bring it there and show them, they should consider that a defect from the manfu. and replace it according to Sprint's Policy and Procedure on that you should be able to get it swapped instore (company location that does service & repair) or at least swapped via an Advanced Exchange. That should not be happening so fast so soon.

But hey, what do I know. Hahaha, good luck Meeko.
    "My Crackberry is faster than the Rev's Blackberry®."