I am needing help on getting back to 4.7 from 5.0 See, my cell phone ... BlackBerry Tour forum

myblackberyiscool no está en línea Stack level 3

NTELOS - Moving back to 4.7 from 5.0

Advertisement

I am needing help on getting back to 4.7 from 5.0

See, my cell phone company hasnt got the 5.0 software yet. and I need to switch back to 4.7 because 5.0 is ****ing up my phone.

Phone is running slow. Lagging. Tethering isn't working. I called Tech SUpport and they said 5.0 is the reason tehtering isnt working.

Well does anyone know how I can get back to 4.7 with my carrier software.

I tried going to nteloswireless.com/support

Isn't helping!

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    I would recommend to wipe your device, the run DM, go to app loader and select update software and that could do the trick for you.

I opened up App Loader. went to Update Software.

There were 3 available software in there. This is what they showed :

5.0.0.419 (Downgrade)
    4.7.1.61 (Preferred)
    4.7.1.53 (Downgrade)

4.7.1.61 (Preferred) was already checked mark, so I clicked Next, . And clicked Next on a few more screens to start the software download.

Well it was doing the back up. And when it got to Task 3 of 12. it says "error " and the error message says "An error has occured while downloading software for your device, Please verify your Internet connection or try again later, if the problem persists. "
    And in the error box, there is a Rety and Cancel button.

When i clicked the Retry button, it says Downloading Modules 0 of 304

I am connected to the internet. And I have tried several times!

UPDATED 4-13-2010 @ 1:12AM
    <---- READ BELOW

I wiped my handheld, didn't help! It just erased the data on my phone (email, contacts, sms,msm messages I )called Tech Support again, and I talked to someone different. And the guy who helped me this time, actually tracked down the 4.7 made for the BlAckberry the way it came when I bought it since nTelos doesn't support 5.0 yet.

Well I haven't put this on my phone yet. I am going to download this file that the tech support rep sent me in email.
    Last edited by myblackberyiscool; 04-14-2010 at 09:40 PM.

johntsuei no está en línea Stack level 1

bbsak

Try using BBSAK to change load your O.S.

I already got this issue fixed.

I called 611 on my phone.
    I got to Tech Support, then I got transferred to Advanced Data Support Team

They found the the nTelos Blackbery Tour 4.7 software on Blackberry.com

I only trust Blackberry Desktop Manager

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    You could have gone to http://www.nteloswireless.com/support/smartphones/ and select this link https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...615847C1CAA69A it will take you to the software download page... just select your device from the list...

Quote Originally Posted by impak875 View Post
    You could have gone to http://www.nteloswireless.com/support/smartphones/ and select this link https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...615847C1CAA69A it will take you to the software download page... just select your device from the list...

Yeah thats the first thing I did.
    But for some reason when I did that it would always bring up the Desktop Manager.
    So Advanced Data Support Team, got me the exact link for the 4.7 and I downloaded it to my computer, then loaded it through Desktop Managaer

PIN/ID
    DROID
    Not sure how clicking either of the links brought up desktop manager... the 1st link takes you to all the smartphone devices and the 2nd link is directly to the software downloads for nTelos BlackBerry devices...

Not sure how clicking either of the links brought up desktop manager... the 1st link takes you to all the smartphone devices and the 2nd link is directly to the software downloads for nTelos BlackBerry devices...
    I didn't click the links.

I guessed by looking at the link , I thought it was the url of a page I saw on ntelos website

I was taking about when you click on the 1st link and then find my phone, there are links next to the phone I have, and then one of those links opens up the Desktop Manager

PIN/ID
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by myblackberyiscool View Post
    I was taking about when you click on the 1st link and then find my phone, there are links next to the phone I have, and then one of those links opens up the Desktop Manager
    OK what you want to do is click on the one that says "BES USERS ONLYBlackBerry Handset Software Download" it will then take you to the page where you can select your device and choose from which software is available... you selected the "Update Your Handset Software " link which will pull up the web version of Desktop Manager, which you could have also used... actually it's easier and you don't have to have the OS installed on your PC. Either way, I'm glad this got worked out for you... next time though... shoot me a message or just stop by the store... LOL

OK what you want to do is click on the one that says "BES USERS ONLYBlackBerry Handset Software Download" it will then take you to the page where you can select your device and choose from which software is available... you selected the "Update Your Handset Software " link which will pull up the web version of Desktop Manager, which you could have also used... actually it's easier and you don't have to have the OS installed on your PC. Either way, I'm glad this got worked out for you... next time though... shoot me a message or just stop by the store... LOL
    LOL Yeah.