I am reciveing my email's to my BlackBerry very slow ! This is what I ... BlackBerry Tour forum

myblackberyiscool no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Not recieving emails on time!

Advertisement

I am reciveing my email's to my BlackBerry very slow !

This is what I am talking about. I found this app for my BlackBerry, on a website I liked.
    It had this area with a box where you could enter your email in and it would send you a link with the download link/file.

I entered in my email address, (the one that is associated with my BlackBerry).

I did this while I was tethering, I disconnected from tethering after I typed in my email address and clicked the Send button.

So when I disconnected from tethering, I waited a long time for this email to come thru so I could download this app.

After waiting forever, I went to the Manage Connections on my BlackBerry, turned off the Mobile Network, turned it back on. Waited a few more minutes, email didn't come yet.

Turned off the Mobile Network again, turned it back on.

This time, I took the battery out. Put battery back in. Waited for phone to power up.

Finally the email came through!

Should I resend service books or something?
    Please comment below
    Last edited by myblackberyiscool; 05-30-2010 at 03:53 AM.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Who's your carrier? Slow emails are often, but not always, the result of how often your carrier sends them out. In my area of the country, Verizon (my carrier,) for example, sends out emails quickly - on the other hand, Sprint (my daughter's carrier) does not.

Do this test, at least 3 times, to gather info. Send yourself an email, one that will be delivered to BOTH you p-c AND your Blackberry and make a note of how long it takes for each one to arrive. Stop turning off/on your mobile network, battery pulling, etc., and simply let the process happen. Post back the results of that test and maybe we can go from there.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Who's your carrier?

Do this test, at least 3 times, to gather info. Send yourself an email, one that will be delivered to BOTH you p-c AND your Blackberry
    nTelos is my carrier.

And I only use my carrier blackberry email on my Blackberry.

Meaning the only email on my Blackberry is the email that I set up when I got my Blackberry from nTelos.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    My advice is to discuss this email lag with your carrier to see how often they distribute email to their blackberry accounts. I suspect that will answer your question and, if it doesn't, you can pursue other possibilities.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Sometimes when you are requesting a link from a 3rd party, they are the ones sending it to your email and they may not do that right away. I would test a normal email to be sent to yours and see how long that takes.

Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    Sometimes when you are requesting a link from a 3rd party, they are the ones sending it to your email and they may not do that right away. I would test a normal email to be sent to yours and see how long that takes.

While I am tethering?