Earlier this afternoon, Sprint release OS 5.0.0.484 (801) for the Tour 9630. The update is ... BlackBerry Tour forum

Richard1864 no está en línea Stack level 2

New 5.0 Tour OS from Sprint!!

Advertisement

Earlier this afternoon, Sprint release OS 5.0.0.484 (801) for the Tour 9630. The update is NOT yet up on Blackberry's website but you CAN get it by connecting your Tour to Desktop Manager. It should then prompt you to update your phone to the new OS.

The app version is 5.0.0.484 (801). The platform is 4.2.0.214. Cryptographic version 3.8.5.85.

Time to play!!!

ironfalcon2001 no está en línea Stack level 1
    i dont see anything new with it only the fact that i lost my bbm i think im going back to 4.7 tomorrow

pniko_07 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    stack
    You will have to download bbm v5.0, hope you backed up your contacts.

edgarmoreno1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Where did my screen lock go, after the upgrade I lost it. Nothing different about the browser, but the reset time is well worth it. Blackberry text messenger style is much better, been waiting for a change there for quite some time.

Diffused no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have heard that there is no more lock icon. Now the keyboard lock button on top is the only alternative.

Richard1864 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have heard that too. The lock button on the top works fine, so does my mute button on the top.

Interesting thing new that I noticed - my phone seems to charge about 30% FASTER than it did before the upgrade to 5.0.0.484. Has anyone else noticed this?

Brian80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have to say I think im going back to 4.7. I really dont like this 5.0 I would rather have the lock screen and the * talk to unlock my screen rather then having to hit the lock button nothing wrong with my lock button its just annoying. Couple other things I noticed is my phone sometimes resets itself and everytime I restart my phone it wants me to go through setup wizard

ironfalcon2001 no está en línea Stack level 1
    ok i have stuck with the upgrade and reinstalled bbm5.0 it all works rather good minuse my battery charges faster and it drains just as fast. makes me think that maybe it doesnt get a full charge

Brian80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    having the same issues ironfalcon not really happy with the update

Has anyone noticed the web browser is much slower with the new update. I'm thinking my next phone will be an HTC of some kind with an external keypad.

BabiJoi no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30CA40D3
    Quote Originally Posted by edgarmoreno1 View Post
    Where did my screen lock go, after the upgrade I lost it. Nothing different about the browser, but the reset time is well worth it. Blackberry text messenger style is much better, been waiting for a change there for quite some time.

Really I don't seem to notice anythng new with the texts

murrutia no está en línea Stack level 1

question

when you download the OS from the blackberry desktop application what is it named i downloaded it and cant find it i connect my phone to the computer and check for updates and it says its not there and i also tried the wireless update but it encounters a problem looking for the OS any solutions?

All I have to do is press enter and it sends the message, and I can view all previous messages, also to reply I don't have to hit reply to send message just open and start typing

kaegk no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31239D55
    Ok I updated my phone to 5.0 and I noticed when you make a call and someone else calls you (call waiting) my phone will beep to notify the new call and show who is calling, but now once call number one is finished there is nothing in the menu to swap callers. Furthermore the 2nd caller will be disconnected, then the network will call your phone back as well as the new caller again. Nothing happens to the screen and it looks and appears normal. I repeated this several times and Sprint has never heard of it.
    Has anyone experience this???