i have tried installing this on a Tour on the Bell network and i get ... BlackBerry Tour forum

BiggDaddyDutch no está en línea Stack level 3

New 5.0.0.xxx not working on Tour

Advertisement

i have tried installing this on a Tour on the Bell network and i get nowhere. it always comes up the the "unable to connect during the multi stage". then bricks my phone. i have tried this 3 times and nothing.

any help on this would be awesome.

Anybody trying this with success?
    Cheers
    BiggDaddy
    my thumbs hurt.......

dubie76 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I have been running 5.0 on my Sprint Tour since the leak. No issues installing here. A few app probs, but nothing more than that.
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

Quote Originally Posted by dubie76 View Post
    I have been running 5.0 on my Sprint Tour since the leak. No issues installing here. A few app probs, but nothing more than that.
    I have been trying to installing but it hangs on the install and then bricks my phone. I'm not missing anything I've done this on other units. My 8900 my storm and my bold.
    BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/109

llzel no está en línea Stack level 2
    does the 5.0.191 tour OS fix the horizontal trackball lag? I'm reading conflicting reports, some say software issues and some say hardware.

automan69 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by BiggDaddyDutch View Post
    i have tried installing this on a Tour on the Bell network and i get nowhere. it always comes up the the "unable to connect during the multi stage". then bricks my phone. i have tried this 3 times and nothing.

any help on this would be awesome.

Anybody trying this with success?
    I have try it on my tour from telus and having the same problem. Fubar mine 3 times. I guess some ppl are having luck. I'm waiting till it is a finally release.
    BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/126

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Don't know why you all are having issues. Mine was a clean 1st time install. As far as a trackball issue, I dont know. I never had any trackball issues.
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Mannnnnnnn.i spent 5 hours sat night trying to UNBRICK my Tour.....ive done the 5.0 on a couple storms and bold and 8900 with zero issues. Not sure why it did this...so i can understand you Bigg...quite aggervating.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Yea this is driving me sideways. I really want a new os on this Bell Tour. The os on this is really buggy and anything would have to be better.
    BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/109

Quote Originally Posted by automan69 View Post
    I have try it on my tour from telus and having the same problem. Fubar mine 3 times. I guess some ppl are having luck. I'm waiting till it is a finally release.
    BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/126
    OMG if i wait i could be another few months. It's always so slow to release. I think that all the issues i have been having with this phone is because of the weak OS pre installed.

this is my 3rd tour and all 3 have the same issues so i would say OS for sure. oh well wait and see i guess.......COME ON RIM you can do it....release that 5.0 beauty set it free..................apple would do it ----- JK.
    Cheers
    BiggDaddy
    my thumbs hurt.......

pniko_07 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    stack
    I have been running 5.0 for a few days now and other than a few apps not working, I have only noticed one issue:

When deleting multiple messages, my phone gets the "deleting" menu screen and my phone freezes.
    Follow me @MacoDesigns

Check out more of my work HERE

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by pniko_07 View Post
    I have been running 5.0 for a few days now and other than a few apps not working, I have only noticed one issue:

When deleting multiple messages, my phone gets the "deleting" menu screen and my phone freezes.
    New change when sending sms too. Now your contact has to have the full 10 digit number or your get error telling you that the number is invalid and you need 10 digits
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

bdbrown no está en línea Stack level 2
    I installed the OS upgrade V.191 when it first came out three four days ago. The install went perfectly and the new OS is really pretty solid. This version is faster, more robust, fixes the Trackball problem, and the radio appears to receive a stronger signal. I am not sure about the radio, but it really appears to be the case.

Prior to installing this OS, I had the same problems with my trackball that many people have reported. I switched out my Tour for two other BBs and the problem was still there. I raised the trackball sensitivity levels to 90/90 and that partially corrected the problem but it really was too sensitive and I then had a problem controlling the trackball. After installing the new OS, the problems that I had with my trackball have been totally corrected. I even had to drop the sensitivity level down to 50/50.

All of the programs that I use work with this new OS. I use the following on a almost daily basis and they all work perfectly:

Worldmate Live
    e-Mobile Planner
    Berry Weather
    Antair Spam Filter
    FastForward

I do not use BBM, Facebook, Twitter, many of which have reported a problem with this OS version.

Al in all I am very happy that I made the change to the new OS