Well I wanted to order myself a new tour and wife says she has the ... BlackBerry Tour forum

stixx no está en línea Stack level 2

Need to vent, and some help

Advertisement

Well I wanted to order myself a new tour and wife says she has the 150 credit for her phone, so figuring that being I've had my blackberry before she had hers, I tell her to take the money and order up 2 new tours since we deserve it. So she places the order on Saturday late night and is to expect a call on monday in regards to our order. Come to find out that only she is entitled to $150 and not me. If I want the phone I'd have to pay $400 plus. Mind you we've been with sprint for almost 10 years and have had little to no real issues but having to wait 22-24 months to get a $150 credit towards a new phone. I'd should be able to switch my phone at least once a year. So is there any way to get a sprint tour phone at an reduced priced? I'm tight over this I don't want to wait til June for a new phone.

Tech Idiot no está en línea Stack level 3
    I hear your frustration. In today's day and age, waiting two years is a lot. My BB seems to be fine after two years, but my regular cell phone is shot after two years, so I hear you. I can't believe the "regular" or "normal" retail is over $400.

Can't answer your question about Sprint and how to go about getting a new phone. I am a Verizon guy, long time. I would call. Speak to someone in a position of authority. Tell them everything and anything and see what can be done, if anything.

dakid2k6 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I agree with Tech on this. I think you should call and speak to someone of authority and explain to them and see if they can help. If that fails if I may suggest head to best buy and tell them your wanting to upgrade your phone and you get the 150 credit from sprint and they can get you the upgrade at a low price with the credit included. That's what I did when I had sprint and best buy worked easily. I do understand the anger with it as I would be ticked off myself. I probably would of cursed them out on the phone lolz. Hope this helps man.

Tech Idiot no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by dakid2k6 View Post
    I agree with Tech on this. I think you should call and speak to someone of authority and explain to them and see if they can help. If that fails if I may suggest head to best buy and tell them your wanting to upgrade your phone and you get the 150 credit from sprint and they can get you the upgrade at a low price with the credit included. That's what I did when I had sprint and best buy worked easily. I do understand the anger with it as I would be ticked off myself. I probably would of cursed them out on the phone lolz. Hope this helps man.
    Best Buy can get him the credit, but Sprint won't give it? How does that work? Thanks.

dakid2k6 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Sounds crazy but its true. Best Buy will see he is eligible for the 150 credit and will apply it to the phone of his choice. If there's a problem Best Buy calls and argues with Sprint about it and wins the arguement. That's what happen with me when I upgraded my phone. Its weird that Sprint says he doesn't get the credit. And the fact he is a 10 year loyal customer and they still don't help shocks me.

MR. H no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    301a4489
    First and foremost Best Buy's mobile zone suxx a** guy tried to rip me off over the weekend. Second if your bill is at least 99 a month before taxes you'll be put on some sort of VIP account. This gives you a full 150 every year. You just have to hit the 99 3 months straight then call in and get a rep that knows her way around ( I say her because some guy reps piss me off often, thinking they know more then I do) she will find the info and put a note on your account for when you upgrade you'll be given the credit.

wmscott2k no está en línea Stack level 1
    i alwaystalk to member service aka cancelations that work for me sometimes you have to play hardball btw didnt pay a dime for my upgrade gave me a new tour

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I am in this same situation myself. I want to upgrade my phone but I have to wait 5 more months. This is after having 2 BB 8120 Pearls in 14 months. The second one works (but is so sluggish I tossed it this past weekend and went to my backup Sidekick 3). I asked in the store when I went to have the original 8120 replaced and was told the phone I want (HTC Touch Pro 2) is $400+ if I get it now . Called T-Mo CS on the phone the next day to see if I could swap out the 8120 and get the HTC TP2 for a replacement. Still couldn't do it and I don't have $400 to cough up for it right now.

Lowercase no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30D51B0D
    Ohh yes, I've been in this dehlimma before, but on the other end. I do infact work for Sprint, and I still don't understand why for Premier Customers (which if one line is eligable to up, every 12 mo) you must be, infact does not apply to all lines. Here would be my suggestion for you, btw the above posts about Best Buy are a good method too,

I would call and completely bypass the customer care people, they are only going to tell you what you already know, and probably upset you more than you need/deserve to be, and talk to the "Retentions Dept." otherwise known as Account Services. Usually if you've been a long time Sprint customer with good bill pay history, a decent MRC (which if you have a BB, you're at least around 70-90 depending on the plan) tell them flat out, I deserve this upgrade early or you have other options. Usually you'll get bumped to a supervisor who has a lot more control over changing things or having you pay the 12-22 mo. upgrade price and having them credit the bill on the back end, is usually how it works out. Now if you're going to do this, as opposed to hitting up a Best Buy you should do it between 8-9 am on a Sunday morning. To set expectations correctly, this may be a more than one call process, but as long as you get what you feel you're entitled to, then hey, it worked.

Just my 2 cents.
    "My Crackberry is faster than the Rev's Blackberry®."

Lowercase no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30D51B0D
    Quote Originally Posted by MR. H View Post
    First and foremost Best Buy's mobile zone suxx a** guy tried to rip me off over the weekend. Second if your bill is at least 99 a month before taxes you'll be put on some sort of VIP account. This gives you a full 150 every year. You just have to hit the 99 3 months straight then call in and get a rep that knows her way around ( I say her because some guy reps piss me off often, thinking they know more then I do) she will find the info and put a note on your account for when you upgrade you'll be given the credit.
    Just remember this is only for the "primary" MDN on the act, not all MDNs.
    "My Crackberry is faster than the Rev's Blackberry®."

stixx no está en línea Stack level 2
    Will give it a shot Lowercase of calling them and see what they can do. but also have issue with there may be a tour with out a track ball and wi-fi early next year. So if I call and am given the discount I'm sure I won't be able to get the updated tour when that one arrives. dilemmas why!