I've been struggleing trying to get my mass storage to work on my bb tour ... BlackBerry Tour forum

mswanner no está en línea Stack level 1

mass storage issues,

Advertisement

I've been struggleing trying to get my mass storage to work on my bb tour (vzw), I've download the file posted that's supposed to fix it (BB storage activation new) but that doesn't seem to be doing the trick. I'm not exactly sure I'm having the same problem as everyone else because when I plug my phone in it comes up (as Blackberry 9630) under the 'other' catagory in "my computer" - then I can open it and open the 'memory card' that is inside it as well - but it just shows it as empty but it's not. I can create files and folder and they show up on the phone but I can't get to the stuff that's already on the phone. I'm starting to think I have a completely different problem since I can't seem to find a fix that will work...any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks.

oh...and I've tried two 2GB cards (the one that came with and the one out my old BB curve that worked fine)...same result

I was never able to try the escreen fix since everywhere I look the information on how to get there has been pulled...thanks RIM, I love how so many people seem to have very similar problems and when someone finds the fix RIM rushes to their lawyers to have the info pulled....it seems like the same ammount of energy and money spent with that dickish move could have gone to actually fixing the problem with their device/software...

wyy183 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AAA616
    Just had a co-worker with the exact same issue.

1. Go to Options
    2. Memory
    3. Turn on mass storage mode when connected (may not be EXACTLY what it says, it is the bottom option) - it is set to OFF. Change to ON.
    4. Connect to computer.

mswanner no está en línea Stack level 1
    All the setting are correct (or at least the ones I can get to), and when I run the DOS program to fix it everything happens as described (program runs and resets phone...). I've always been able to see the phone in 'my computer' when it's connected and clicking on it I can see the 'memory card' and open it up too - it just is empty on the computer when it's really not. If I click the properties of the memory card it shows the real amount of free space and 0 used space, even though it's got about 500MB of stuff on it.

I can add files from the computer and they are copied and I can see them when using the phone, but if I delete them using the phone the computer still shows them as being there. If I try to open a deleted file it searches for a few minutes and then tells me the file cannot be found but it's still displayed as if it were there.

It's like the phone is hiding everything it does on the card. If I take the card out of the phone and plug it into the computer directly everything is there as it should be. This is really beginning to be a PITA and when I try to search for information all I find is stuff related to the mass storage mode not working at all, not malfunctioning as it is in this case. Any ideas?