Hello all, Suddenly I've noticed I no longer have an icon on my BB Tour ... BlackBerry Tour forum

ridie no está en línea Stack level 1

Lost my BB Messenger Icon

Advertisement

Hello all,

Suddenly I've noticed I no longer have an icon on my BB Tour for BB Messenger. Can anyone tell me how to retrieve this? Do I have to reload it somehow or has the icon just disappeared.

Thanks for any help!

Ridie

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    to start with go to your applications page and click the menu key then select show all to make sure is not hidden, check in all the folders as well...
    also go to options, applications and see if you have it installed...
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

ridie no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks. Yes, it is still installed. So what would be suggested to get the icon back?

globalunlockcodes no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by ridie View Post
    Thanks. Yes, it is still installed. So what would be suggested to get the icon back?
    Are you sure it isn't in your Applications Folder?

One quick way is just to go to App world and download it again.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Ridie, since you've verified that it's installed the icon is surely on you BB somewhere - you just have to find it. As already suggested look in all your folders or hidden. It's probably in one of them. Take it slow and deliberately and you should discover it.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

jackofalltrad3 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have the exact same problem that just happened about a week ago. The bb messenger icon just disappeared! But it's still installed in my list of Applications :S And yes, I've checked all hidden icons too. No where! Do you have any idea how annoying it is to go through the address book to try and find someone's number just to text them?? Plus, I don't even have most of my bb messenger contacts' phone numbers.

Anybody??

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Ridie and Jackofalltrad3, both of you try a different theme to see if the icon appears. Sometimes it's the theme - I don't know why it happens but it does. Post back if that helps or not.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofalltrad3 View Post
    I have the exact same problem that just happened about a week ago. The bb messenger icon just disappeared! But it's still installed in my list of Applications :S And yes, I've checked all hidden icons too. No where! Do you have any idea how annoying it is to go through the address book to try and find someone's number just to text them?? Plus, I don't even have most of my bb messenger contacts' phone numbers.

Anybody??
    as far as your contact list phone numbers...you did do a backup...right? just restore from the backup. the BB Messenger app is usually in the instant messenger folder and you just have to move it to the home screen folder. If you can't find it anywhere, (this happened to me a month ago), just re-download it and install. that's what fixed mine.

frisco49ers no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2840D481
    If your phone is set to "dial from homescreen" go to options in phone and set this to 'no'. Then go to homescreen and press the 'n' key. This will bring up bbmessenger if it installed on the phone.