i'm on the sprint tour btw 1) supposedly the sprint tour comes unlocked. i've put ... BlackBerry Tour forum

S2K ON 2 no está en línea Stack level 3

International Sim Card and GPS issues on 9630?

Advertisement

i'm on the sprint tour btw
    1) supposedly the sprint tour comes unlocked. i've put in 2 different international sim cards in it, and both came up as "invalid sim card."
    i've called sprint many times only to get connected to no one. the last person i spoke to told me that since i'm not in the international sim card's network, itll show up as invalid.
    how true is that?
    how DO i get my tour to work properly with an international sim card? are there certain ones that work and dont work?

2) regarding the gps on it. i cannot get it to find my location closer than 600 meters. i checked all the settings for it, but i'm still not getting as close as i did with my 8330.
    for those that got it to work on the sprint tour, please help!! i've actually had my position show up about 15 miles away from where i am. and it'll stay there even when i update my location.
    i know this has been talked about, but so far, nothing has resolved that problem

update!
    1) by calling the international dept or contacting them online, just ask for the unlock code. it's FREE!
    directions to unlock it:
    a) options > advanced options > SIM card > type in "mepd" then "mep2." enter code. do a battery pull.

2) a tour user contacted sprint, which contacted google directly regarding not finding the position accurately. there should be an update soon.

if any of these updates have been mentioned, sorry. just thought i'd update this one in case anyone else needed help with the same issues.
    Last edited by S2K ON 2; 07-26-2009 at 09:13 PM. Reason: update

dubie76 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    As far as the international sim card goes I can only offer a suggestion. Have you changed the network to global and not 1xev?

My GPS is almost dead on.
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

thanks for the thread title change!
    but yeah i tried changing the network to all the options. nothing worked.

should i uninstall gm and try again??

dubie76 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Cant Hurt. If that doesn't work, call Sprint BB CS
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

negatory. gps on gm is still the same.

and as for the sim card, still doesnt work. i dont know how unlocked this is but it doesnt work in brasil. kind of disappointed...

OP has update!

stryker92v no está en línea Stack level 1

Update on locked Tour's for Sprint

As a Sprint employee, I got an email recently saying that any Tour sold via telesales or websales is locked and you must call the international department to get it unlocked to work in other countries. Any Tour sold in stores comes unlocked.

They said it was due to security reasons.

jonah1982 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    322B4F2E
    I bet your TCP/IP settings need configured manually. I don't know what they are off the top of my head, but I took my 8830 all over Europe last year ut when I first landed it wouldn't work anywhere. I called the international dept tech dept at sprint. They ran me through it and it worked immediately, voice and data and phone as a modem flawlessly the rest of the time I was there. I have a sprint tour now but haven't left the country with it yet.

automan69 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Well I just got off the phone with Telus, asking for the unlock code. They told me there is no unlocked code for it. WTF. Should I call back again and ask again or is there some other way to get it for free? I don't want to pay $30 online for it. Any help on this would be great.
    BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/126