Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ok, so I'm using my 9630 (carrier: Sprint OS: beta 5.0.0.230) as always yesterday and ... BlackBerry Tour forum

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro

I think my data died...

Advertisement

Ok, so I'm using my 9630 (carrier: Sprint OS: beta 5.0.0.230) as always yesterday and put it down for a little bit. no not in liquid, nor near a magnet of any sort (glass counter top for those who are interested). When I pick it back up maybe 30 minutes later I couldn't use google maps, browse or use messenger. Voice I still have but no data.

Since then I have taken apps off of my phone one by one trying and figure out what was responsible for this. I took it all the way to factory settings and then finally today I downgraded to 4.7.0.40 (or whatever).

still no data.

My connection says 1xev which if I remember correctly means low or limited data correct?

I do have a bill due tomorrow but they wouldn't cut my data off a day early would they?
    (I'm currently all paid up minus the bill that's due tomorrow)
    if not WHY IS MY DATA NOT WORKING?!?!

I've run diagnostic after diagnostic but I can't seem to get it to connect.
    anyone have any ideas?
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    I'd say give them a quick call and check on the bill as well as making sure there is no data outage...

yeah, I'm hoping that by paying tomorrow everything will be cool, but I just figured I'd get the great minds of pinstack thinkin' on it. just in case.
    anyone hear of any data outages in portland general area?
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Did you try the usual re-registering the HRT and resending service books, or even deleting the service books 1st?
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Did you try the usual re-registering the HRT and resending service books, or even deleting the service books 1st?
    what's the re-registering the HRT method? don't think I've tried that one

you'll have to remind me how to delete them but I've sent the service books three times from my BIS site and nothing has come through yet... unfortunately

Options/Advanced Options/Host Routing Table/BB Menu/Register Now(maybe slighty different on the tour but that's the way on an 8330). If you get no registration message in your inbox then I would blame Sprint....like Jake said either maybe an outage or they screwed up your provisioning. I don;t think it's legal for them to cut you off before your bill is due
    Twitter? My Apps List

Go to Options, advanced options, host routing table, hit menu button and choose "Register Now"

haha
    Twitter? My Apps List

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Options/Advanced Options/Host Routing Table/BB Menu/Register Now(maybe slighty different on the tour but that's the way on an 8330). If you get no registration message in your inbox then I would blame Sprint....like Jake said either maybe an outage or they screwed up your provisioning. I don;t think it's legal for them to cut you off before your bill is due
    thanks AZ you rock, that is exactly how to find the host routing table btw, no registration message.
    hopefully it's jsut an outage looks like I'm going to have to just go into sprint... DAMN!
    I h8 those guys!

yup battery pull was the first thing I tried... after they got longer and longer I started pulling programs off.

guess we'll jsut have to see what happens tomorrow

Can't imagine it's an outage that has lasted since yesterday....I haven't seen any reports that have lasted that long...It has to be either provisioning or because of your bill. If they cut you off early, I'd make a fuss.

yeah good call!
    I just hate dealing with those people.

jasonring no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    be kind
    Hey Luc, Try Options/mobile network... See if the Data services are turned on.... If not, change it to on... If so, switch from automatically find network to manually scan for network. If that work, switch back to automatic when you're finished. :d I hope that works man!! If all else fails, switch phones with your room mate when she's not looking.

jasonring no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    be kind
    Btw... I wasn't clear in my last post... If you have to manually scan for networks, ytou have to do that from manage connections.. I just assumed you already knew that......
    Also, from the mobile network, you can ping your server using your ip or access point number... (Apn)... I dunno... I'm just brain storming. :s

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast