for some reason, when i remove it from the holster after receiving a message or ... BlackBerry Tour forum

S2K ON 2 no está en línea Stack level 3

holster settings?

Advertisement

for some reason, when i remove it from the holster after receiving a message or something, it doesn't open to the message that was received. i'm aware that if it's 20 or so seconds after the message is received, it won't open. but that's not the case.
    with the tour it just removes the notifier that something came in and then i have to search to see if it was a bbm, text, or fb update.

is there a setting somewhere (that i missed) where i can control what happens when the fone is removed from the holster?

Grafixx01 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30B5F65E
    Mine doesn't do that but I also have mine to lock and require a password to access the phone when it's taken out of the holster. If I do that, it doesn't open it right away but I still retain the notification of what type of message came in. You can try that but you'll have to enter a password each time you want to access the device.

I like the password feature, keeps nosey people out of my business.

zicosonic no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I dont see the same problem on my device. I will keep you posted if i see the same issues

Instantz no está en línea Stack level 3
    It probably does not show it or tell you right away because of the required password to use the device.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

i dont have any passwords set up.
    i wouldn't mind if it didnt open the message, but the reminder icon disappearing bugs me

Grafixx01 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30B5F65E
    Quote Originally Posted by Instantz View Post
    It probably does not show it or tell you right away because of the required password to use the device.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Is this for me? I know it doesn't show me right away, but I'm cool with that. It still retains my notification though. If you're looking at only a few apps to have notifications (email, sms, bbm, tw), why not just put the shortcuts on the first five or six icons that way you'll still see the notification?

You can send your email / SMS / MMS to the same folder too, help you save space on the desktop.

tina_twyman no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30d4e1b6
    I don't have that problem on my device. When I pull my phone out of the holster it opens the message. I know there is a setting Go into SMS for example and click on the menu and go into options (general options) I believe there is an option to auto open newest message after removing from holster. Hope it works for you!
    Last edited by tina_twyman; 07-17-2009 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tina_twyman View Post
    I don't have that problem on my device. When I pull my phone out of the holster it opens the message. I know there is a setting Go into SMS for example and click on the menu and go into options (general options) I bleive ther eis an option to auto open newest message after removing from holster. Hope it works for you!
    thanks! i went there but completely ignored that option