OMG!! This happened like 2 days ago. Stupid me was rushing for work and I ... BlackBerry Tour forum

The SPCS Guy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30F558F8

HELP...Spilled Alcohol all over my Tour!!!!

Advertisement

OMG!! This happened like 2 days ago. Stupid me was rushing for work and I use alcohol to clean down my face. So , as I was rushing, I had the BB by the keyboard and as I reached for the alcohol, the bottle tipped over and ...you guessed it! ALL OVER the Tour :-(. I just got this puppy a few weeks ago. Ughhh.

Now the inside screen is like stained. Makes the screen looks 3-Dish. The BB works well, because I immediately took it out of case and pulled the battery and cleaned it off, let it sit and dry..even in the sun. What can I do? if I took it to Sprint, would they be able to tell is got soaked in some kind of solvent? Where on the Tour is the wet indicator?

JE
    Last edited by The SPCS Guy; 11-06-2009 at 10:45 PM.
    - ** JE-TwiztedOne **

pipesfamily no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask
    The mositure indicator sould be on the bottom of the battery, and the other should be adjacent to it on the bb its self, they are white with a pink stripe if they are solid pink or white then u will have to call ur insurance company (asurion) and have it replaced

cb4studabaker no está en línea Stack level 3
    No I don't think sprint will replace it sprint only replaces phones if they go out or if they stop working so till your phone breaks down then you should take it to sprint n if you do go don't say you spilled alchol on it just say you dropped it cause sprint don't cover water damage

edgarmoreno1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I took my tour back to sprint damaged and it was before my 30 day purchase and they did a free exchange. I would try that first.

Quote Originally Posted by The SPCS Guy View Post
    OMG!! This happened like 2 days ago. Stupid me was rushing for work and I use alcohol to clean down my face. So , as I was rushing, I had the BB by the keyboard and as I reached for the alcohol, the bottle tipped over and ...you guessed it! ALL OVER the Tour :-(. I just got this puppy a few weeks ago. Ughhh.

Now the inside screen is like stained. Makes the screen looks 3-Dish. The BB works well, because I immediately took it out of case and pulled the battery and cleaned it off, let it sit and dry..even in the sun. What can I do? if I took it to Sprint, would they be able to tell is got soaked in some kind of solvent? Where on the Tour is the wet indicator?

JE

tgowin no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32CF0B8B
    Put it in a container of rice. It will suck everything out of it... Also because it was alchol it should be ok.