I have my Tour set to vibrate. Can someone tell me how to chnage my ... BlackBerry Tour forum

dmd31842 no está en línea Stack level 2

email sound question

Advertisement

I have my Tour set to vibrate. Can someone tell me how to chnage my email alert to be one vibration and not two?

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Go into the profile settings and change the vibrate option to "Custom" and then set it.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

Yup! Found it 2 minutes before I received your answer. In any event, thank you for your speedy reply!

Oops! It isn't keeping the changes. I have gone to custom profiles, changes each item from 2 to 1 and then in and out of ho,ster and then click save. However, the changes don't save. Any thoughts? Thanks

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    you would need to change it in every single profile. i.e., normal, loud, vibrate, quiet, etc. OR change it in one but always keep the same profile on.

I always keep it on vibrate and made the changes but it doesn't keep the change. Any other thoughts?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    once you make the change, do you click menu/save? i've never had any issues with the changes made in profiles.

Yup! Did that. At least 5 times!!

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Is your vibrate profile the "active" profile you are editing? If so, doa battery pull, re-edit a couple of your profile options, save, and test again.
    BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

Yes. Did all that and it does NOT keep what I save!! very frustrating!!

smitters15 no está en línea Stack level 1
    There is a problem with the software for the ringer profiles. I was on the phone with RIM and they said they were aware of it. For the time being, you can go to custom profiles and make a new profile and it will save properly. I had to make all new custom profiles for vibrate, loud, etc. When you name the custom profile, just make sure that it is slightly different from the factory profile (i.e. normal1, vibrate1, etc.) or your changes will not save properly when you backup- in the event that you have to change devices. Go Bills!

Thanks for this information. I assume that ...uh...flaw..will be corrected in the near future with an update, yes? Thanks again. I am glad it wasn't me!! On to the Super Bowl! HA!

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    wow, are emails that important now? I turn all email notifications to off. Even on my wife's BB. I still dont think emails should be that important to get that much attention. If i see the mail on my phone, then i get to it, outside of that, i dont want it to stop me from driving, eating, sleeping, playing games and such. Texts, IM's and phone calls already grabs enough of my attention.
    /rant

name no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2405050e
    I believe that there are two ways to do this. If you are going into "Custom Profiles" and changing those settings you will need to switch to that custom profile to use those settings.

You should also be able to go into "Set Ring Tones/Alerts" while you are in "Vibrate Only" and adjust the settings for that profile.

Correction: I think "Set Ring Tones/Alerts" only changes your "Normal" profile.
    Last edited by name; 07-31-2009 at 03:58 PM.