I'm in the UK and the wireless update does NOT work. I've tried manually to ... BlackBerry Tour forum

Seanmtx no está en línea Stack level 2

How do I download the latest update?? Will it fix lateral trackball problm

I'm in the UK and the wireless update does NOT work. I've tried manually to get this downloaded and it will not work.

I'm currently on 4.7.1.40 and am hoping that the latest download will fix my lateral trackball problems. (Works fine in internet browsing mode, but when scrolling through the icons in the menu screen it barely tracks left and right at all. Vertical is fine.)

I've fired up Desktop Manager and have not been able to update at all.

Any advice for me??

Thanks!

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    Sean, your best bet will be to find an OS for your device, doesn't matter what carrier as long as you delete the vendor.xml file, and load I through DM.

I'm not sure if it will fix your problem tho

Seanmtx no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks Gets....I probably should have clarified.....I'm a US based guy on Verizon. I've spent the last 7 months in England, and willbe getting back to the States the end of this year. I suppose I can hang on until then and try the wireless update then, I just hope that'll fiz the annoying trackball.

Hell, I can't even play Ka-Glom!!

chsguyi69 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215B74E3
    Depending on the age of your blackberry
    you can have it replaced for the trackball problem
    TMO just replaced mine for the same reason. I have the 8900, but when I had the 8320 it was an easy fix by swapping the trackball.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanmtx View Post
    I'm in the UK and the wireless update does NOT work. I've tried manually to get this downloaded and it will not work.

I'm currently on 4.7.1.40 and am hoping that the latest download will fix my lateral trackball problems. (Works fine in internet browsing mode, but when scrolling through the icons in the menu screen it barely tracks left and right at all. Vertical is fine.)

I've fired up Desktop Manager and have not been able to update at all.

Any advice for me??

Thanks!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    T-Mo also replaced my 8120 back in August for a similar reason. It would roll everywhere but selection just up and quit.