Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Originally Posted by drew4flt72 I totally agree with Krystal, she has every right in the ... BlackBerry Tour forum

Grafixx01 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30B5F65E

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by drew4flt72 View Post
    I totally agree with Krystal, she has every right in the world to complain. I also agree with Graffixx. I think you are missing his point. What he is saying is, RIM already knows your battery cover is a problem. The solution to swap out every loose battery cover for one (hopefully) that doesn't jiggle is in itself ridiculous.

VZW is not going to stand around and swap phones or continue going thru boxes until you find one. What Grafixx is saying, is that it is not feasible to do this with everyone that comes in with a problem or a slight micro scratch after having it for a couple of days because you "didn't remember seeing that on the phone" when you left the store, as an example.

Yes you have a right to complain and yes you should have a phone that doesn't jiggle but to, from a business standpoint, swap out phones because of a slight jiggle, is not cost effective. You may, a time or two get lucky and have a store try to accommodate you but after that, they will not continue. That is all he is saying....

I have a Javelin and Lord knows we've gone 'round and 'round with this issue. That is my only complain with this phone. The battery doors were made poorly and I'm hoping RIM with take steps to fix this. My wife has an 8320 and those battery doors are SOLID. Nothing close to a jiggle and this is where Krystal is coming from so you have to understand her point as well...

BTW, my solution for my "no longer loose battery cover" has been to buy an aftermarket battery door and it fits just fine.
    Thank you Drew. I understand her point, but maybe you pointed out what I was saying a little better for people to understand. That's why I suggested the fixes (the tape, a skin, a hard case) and you won't then have to deal with the jiggle. I have gone through multiple 8830s and a 8330, NONE of them had this jiggle. My Tour does have it, am I annoy, eh, just because I know the quality RIM is used to putting out. However, since I plan to put an OtterBox on it, I'm not really too worried since I don't forsee myself touching the battery door much once it's on.

Grafixx01 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30B5F65E
    Quote Originally Posted by 8700krystal View Post
    i purchased it at a direct verizon store, a REAL store if you must. it was sold to me at 2 year activation price (269.99) because i'd received so many defective storms. i got the receipt for the 70 dollar mail in rebate also.
    My VZW store, like I said, gave it to me at $199.99 and a $70.00 MIR. That's why I asked.

dubie76 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Wow I guess VZW customers are lucky. The best deal anyone on Sprint could get was $199 with $100 mail in rebate so I had to front $299 when I placed the order. Now I have to wait on my $100.
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

8700krystal no está en línea Stack level 2
    lol @ you guys.. i've had double sided scotch tape on it since day one, and yes, it did completely reduce the wiggle and gap, but i still don't feel like this is something i should have to do..

eh, whatever. not trying to argue, just venting here instead of going in a verizon store and saying something hateful.. i see that's not welcome

terryzx no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30D1DFAF
    I’m happy with my Tour except for the SMALL screen. But it will due until Verizon gets the iPhone next year.

ur561ad no está en línea Stack level 3
    I was playin with a tour in the store today. Its a pretty sweet phone I must say. And oddly enough the battery door was absolutely horrible. It did not fit properly and it had so much play that you could see a gap right through the side of it. But it was properly inserted on the phone. Other than that it was real nice. Not nice enough however to drop another 200 bucks as a replacement for my 8330. I will keep my phone. It has worked near flawlessly for me so far. So ill just watch the bandwagon pass and wait til the timing is right for me.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

dubie76 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    What the hell is with the battery doors you all seem to have? I don't have enough play in mine to slip a piece of paper between it. Weird......
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

dtole no está en línea Stack level 5
    Is anyone having trackball issues?
    D-Tole

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    Quote Originally Posted by dtole View Post
    When i first got it, i did. It felt as if there was lint under the ball, hard to scroll up. Now, three days later, no problems at all.

fletch65 no está en línea Stack level 1

Trackball issues

On my second Tour in three weeks. I was on my FOURTH Storm in three months and tired of Verizon acting as if I am the only one in the world that was having issues. I took it back about three weeks ago and had the manager upgrade me free of charge into a new Tour, I was thrilled, but he wasn't happy. After two weeks I started having track ball issues like when my old BB Pearl trackball was dirty. The rest of the phone was great, but scrolling became more and more frustrating. Back to the store again and they put me into the "New Trackball Version Tour" My box has a green dot on it that is suppose to indicate the improvement. So far so good, but it still took two tries, which started reminding me of my frustration with the Storm in the first place. Having had several models BB over the years, if this one continues to work like it does today, I think it's my favorite model. My previous Tour battery door moved a little, this one fits tight so far.

I wonder if not enough R&D and Beta Testing isn't happening up front? I expect little issues to arise but I am on my sixth BB in three months for various issues and my wife is on her third in the same timeframe. It is frustrating!

My biggest complaint is with Verizon acting like you are always the first one to have any issues, they act like your putting them out and they never apologize for your frustration or wasted time or loss of time on a job either. One more thing, it would be nice if they all didn't tell you something different as well. Lie to me if you have to but can you all please rehearse the same lie??
    Last edited by fletch65; 09-09-2009 at 11:42 AM.

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.
    I got my tour from bestbuy for $99, they even threw in an extra battery cover(red one) for free. Everything is working out on my tour.
    BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    Quote Originally Posted by fondoo View Post
    my only disappointment in the tour is the lack of wifi. why?? why verizon??
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    you said it. Its VERIZON.... But still its a great device!
    i3-2100, 8GB, 90GB Vertex3, 1.5TB HDD, HD6850OC, 23"ACER LED Monitor (Gaming Rig)
    1.83ghz Macbook 1,1 (School work, Websurfer)
    4GB Mini, 2GB Nano, 30GB Video, 8GB iPhone 3GS, iPad1
    BB Bold 9900

Schufly no está en línea Stack level 3
    My Tour doesn't have a bit of wiggle in it. Very happy so far.
    Andy

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by dubie76 View Post
    What the hell is with the battery doors you all seem to have? I don't have enough play in mine to slip a piece of paper between it. Weird......
    same here not even a little bit of wiggle in my tour door

Quote Originally Posted by dtole View Post
    no haven't had any trackball issues with it yet... knock on wood

Quote Originally Posted by Schufly View Post
    My Tour doesn't have a bit of wiggle in it. Very happy so far.
    Same here loving mine so far just wish plazmic was up to date so I could play some more!
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123