Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by 8700krystal so what your saying is that they produced a phone with ... BlackBerry Tour forum

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by 8700krystal View Post
    so what your saying is that they produced a phone with an ill-fitting back cover just so people would buy the next blackberry that comes out??

LMAO!!

why should i HAVE to put tape, a skin, or a case on my phone to reduce a jiggle in the battery cover that shouldn't be there in the first place??

buy a laptop and the lid is loose, you gonna just put up with it? buy a dishwasher and the door is loose, you ok with that? buy a house and your back door is wobbly, you gonna complain? or are you gonna rig it up yourself with masking tape and caulk and let these companies avoid fixing the mediocre products they produce? they must do those kinds of things so you'll buy something bigger and better the next time.. **snicker**

think about what your typing before you type it, k? i have a phone that retails for 600 bucks.. paid 300 for it, and the back cover does not feel secure, irritates the crap out of me, and feels like my little brother made it. that's not cause enough to complain or demand some type of action on the manufacturer's behalf??

if your that dense and think people should sit by idly and DEAL with half-a** products that are sold at extremely high prices, your a bigger part of the reason this country has gone to h*** in a handbasket.
    Instead of complaining and having this discussion with people just take it back and get a replacement for it, isn't that what you would do with a house, a car, a dishwasher...??
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    so what your saying is that they produced a phone with an ill-fitting back cover just so people would buy the next blackberry that comes out??

LMAO!!

why should i HAVE to put tape, a skin, or a case on my phone to reduce a jiggle in the battery cover that shouldn't be there in the first place??

buy a laptop and the lid is loose, you gonna just put up with it? buy a dishwasher and the door is loose, you ok with that? buy a house and your back door is wobbly, you gonna complain? or are you gonna rig it up yourself with masking tape and caulk and let these companies avoid fixing the mediocre products they produce? they must do those kinds of things so you'll buy something bigger and better the next time.. **snicker**

think about what your typing before you type it, k? i have a phone that retails for 600 bucks.. paid 300 for it, and the back cover does not feel secure, irritates the crap out of me, and feels like my little brother made it. that's not cause enough to complain or demand some type of action on the manufacturer's behalf??

if your that dense and think people should sit by idly and DEAL with half-a** products that are sold at extremely high prices, your a bigger part of the reason this country has gone to h*** in a handbasket.

I agree 100%

I dont know you , but I love it when your angy.

8700krystal no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    Instead of complaining and having this discussion with people just take it back and get a replacement for it, isn't that what you would do with a house, a car, a dishwasher...??
    i guess it's kinda like the people that sold me the laptop/car/dishwasher/house told me a slight jiggle was "nothing to worry about".. see where i'm going with this?? verizon didn't help me, so i'm taking it upon myself to e-mail both companies and keep my fingers crossed for a fix.. i guess next time you have a concern with your blackberry you shouldn't post it in the forums, just go get a replacement for it, k?

you people make me smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post
    I agree 100%

I dont know you , but I love it when your angy.
    LMAO!! then i guess you can rub me the wrong way anytime!

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Why can't this person complain? This is a public forum by the way, and these things are supposed to be discussed here.

Krystal, Go to a Verizon store and ask them to try swapping out a couple of battery doors for you. I'm sure they will be willing to help you.

Let us know how it goes and if you get it worked out.

Grafixx01 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30B5F65E
    You can complain all you want about it. It's a known issue, RIM may address it and they may not, in any event you have the phone. I know that Verizon knows of the issue but they're not going to continue to exchange anyones phone due to the small issue of the battery door. It's not ignorance, it's just common sense that they won't continue to replace it. Put a skin on it or case, you won't notice your OCD kicking in since you won't hold the battery door directly.

I'm not saying that people can't voice an complaint. But that's all the forums seem to have, complaints. You complain that things are wrong with the phone, what YOU want, what features YOU want the company to put in the phone. Well dang it, go work for RIM or shut up, be happy, and if you're not, then go to another type of phone like the iPhone or a WinMo phone. Something is found ALL the time about EVERY phone for people to complain about and I think it's just that, people want to complain. Provide a solution and you say, "I shouldn't have to cause the phone cost me $300.00", well, first off, the only way you'll pay over $200.00 is if you paid full retail, if you did, well complain and see what happens but I'm pretty sure that they may exchange it once or twice but they won't continue to exchange it. There is no way on a NE2 or new line activation you should pay anything over $199.99, at least from Verizon. Plus, Verizon is giving a $70.00 mail in rebate so you're only paying $120!It's a known issue, maybe RIM will come out with a new one that doesn't do it but I believe it's a design flaw since all the other battery doors seem to be held on in different, more secure ways.

And your comment about being dense and sitting idly by blah blah blah, is completely untrue and uncalled for. I'm not even going to enterain that.
    Last edited by Grafixx01; 07-16-2009 at 01:59 PM.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Discussed is not the same as complaining, I meant to say you would get any kind of comments here, some good some bad, but at the end he/she has to make the final decision.

capdot, already done that.. they switched out the battery door for one that jiggles up and down instead of left and right, and then told me it was "nothing to worry about".. i'm gonna try a different store and see if i get better results..

grafixx, who are you to speak on the amount i paid for a phone? FYI, i paid 2 year activation price which was almost 270 and after taxes it was 292 and some change.. i haven't received a mail in rebate at this time so currently, the phone cost me almost 300 bucks. you don't have to "entertain" my response, if you don't like it, why respond?

zicosonic no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    All I would like to add is, be thankful that Verizon has a new blackberry which matches up to the Curve (T-Mobile) and Bold (AT&T). I got mine yesterday and i dont have the same problem. I guess i was lucky.

Keykey no está en línea Stack level 1

LMAO!!

Grafixx01 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30B5F65E
    Did you get the phone at a REAL Verizon store? Or was it an "authorized reseller"? ALL of the REAL Verizon stores in my area, even online are showing it for $199.99 with a 2 year activation or new line. And The reciept that I got from my VZW store has the $70.00 Mail-In-Rebate on it, so I'll only pay $120.00 for it. That's why I ask if it was from a REAL VZW store or one of those "authorized resellers" which may have added to the price to get some more profit. Online even shows $269.99 with a $70.00 online rebate but the store gave it to me for $199.99 without the $70.00 MIR. Just saying.

Keykey no está en línea Stack level 1
    I could not have said it better my self.

i purchased it at a direct verizon store, a REAL store if you must. it was sold to me at 2 year activation price (269.99) because i'd received so many defective storms. i got the receipt for the 70 dollar mail in rebate also.

mrvtx no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by zicosonic View Post
    All I would like to add is, be thankful that Verizon has a new blackberry which matches up to the Curve (T-Mobile) and Bold (AT&T). I got mine yesterday and i dont have the same problem. I guess i was lucky.
    Maybe you could exchange yours with the person who is whining about theirs?
    Last edited by mrvtx; 07-16-2009 at 11:02 PM.

iamlife098 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post
    Why can't this person complain? This is a public forum by the way, and these things are supposed to be discussed here.

Krystal, Go to a Verizon store and ask them to try swapping out a couple of battery doors for you. I'm sure they will be willing to help you.

Let us know how it goes and if you get it worked out.

I totally agree, Krystal should be able to complain all she'd like, specially when she's a BlackBerry consumer etc. at the end of the day it's not about quantity but quality.
    And in my opinion you're not complaining Krystal.
    An eye for an eye and the whole world would be blind. -Kahlil Gibran

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4
    I totally agree with Krystal, she has every right in the world to complain. I also agree with Graffixx. I think you are missing his point. What he is saying is, RIM already knows your battery cover is a problem. The solution to swap out every loose battery cover for one (hopefully) that doesn't jiggle is in itself ridiculous.

VZW is not going to stand around and swap phones or continue going thru boxes until you find one. What Grafixx is saying, is that it is not feasible to do this with everyone that comes in with a problem or a slight micro scratch after having it for a couple of days because you "didn't remember seeing that on the phone" when you left the store, as an example.

Yes you have a right to complain and yes you should have a phone that doesn't jiggle but to, from a business standpoint, swap out phones because of a slight jiggle, is not cost effective. You may, a time or two get lucky and have a store try to accommodate you but after that, they will not continue. That is all he is saying....

I have a Javelin and Lord knows we've gone 'round and 'round with this issue. That is my only complain with this phone. The battery doors were made poorly and I'm hoping RIM with take steps to fix this. My wife has an 8320 and those battery doors are SOLID. Nothing close to a jiggle and this is where Krystal is coming from so you have to understand her point as well...

BTW, my solution for my "no longer loose battery cover" has been to buy an aftermarket battery door and it fits just fine.
    Nokia N900 32GB [Unlocked]
    ----------------------------------------
    Version: [PR 1.3] 20.2010.36-2

Flash Memory: A-Data 16GB SDHC CL6-Turbo
    Overclocked @1Ghz

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast