Any way to delete the preloaded apps on the Sprint Tour? I dont want facebook, ... BlackBerry Tour forum

dubie76 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Question Delete preloaded apps

Advertisement

Any way to delete the preloaded apps on the Sprint Tour? I dont want facebook, etc.. Can they be deleted or are they pushed from Sprint?

Also, any way to delete unwanted RIM apps that run in the background and suck up memory? Logs, and other unknown things that are hidden on the blackberry..
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Some you can remove through DM or by going to Options > Advanced Options > Applications. I don't know about Sprint, but yes, some carriers do push apps to you, like it or not.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    For message and call logs, go to the Messages folder. Highlight all messages you want to delete. Press Menu and select Delete.
    For device logs, hold the ALT key and press L G L G, Menu and select Clear Log. Click Delete.
    To clear the browser, click on Options, Cache Operations. Then clear the Content Cache, Pushed Content, and Cookie Cache. Press the Back button to clean the memory.
    To clean out the rest of the memory, you can go to the Security Options and select Memory Cleaner, then Clean Now.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    If they are pushed from your carrier the most you can do is hide them. There are posts floating around telling you how to remove them but everytime you resend service books they will return to your device.

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    With sprint they are not installed by default, I got one. You click onthe icon and it is a link to the page to download it. I am keeping them but, I am hiding them.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    you can safely remove some stock applications on the device like the task, memo pad but just if you dont use them
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

brianjr1988 no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    maxmem has the foreign resources option if u download that and will remove cods for the diff langs if u dont use em on the bb also does remove other stuff to free up mem

G-Weezy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204B63B9
    Go to advance options and find service books. Delete them there and they won't show up no more. I deleted facebook and a whole bunch of things I didn't need that came with themes I bought. Hope it helps.
    BlackBerry8100/4.5.0.110 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

dubie76 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by brianjr1988 View Post
    maxmem has the foreign resources option if u download that and will remove cods for the diff langs if u dont use em on the bb also does remove other stuff to free up mem
    This is what I was talking about. I have done that, but was wondering if there were any other apps that might delete additional items. Many of the things that maxmem deletes are not on the Tour.
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

lindycu no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319BDB8B

Shrink-A-OS

Download that (for the version you are using) and you can delete a bunch of unnecessary files that are loaded. Personally I have about 20 apps and with the removal of the junk I reboot and run around 120MB free.

At minimum, I'd remove all languages (assuming you only need English), the built-in video, background files. I haven't gotten rid of the built-in games (yet)...

konkel no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi there...
    How did you make your personal logo near your username? Please help me?
    Konkel

alryder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by konkel View Post
    Hi there...
    How did you make your personal logo near your username? Please help me?
    Konkel
    Go to My Tools at the top of the page, click edit profile then select edit avatar on the left of the page under settings and options. You can upload a picture from there or point to one on a website or hosting site.

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Weezy View Post
    Go to advance options and find service books. Delete them there and they won't show up no more. I deleted facebook and a whole bunch of things I didn't need that came with themes I bought. Hope it helps.
    BlackBerry8100/4.5.0.110 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100
    That won't help with the sprint tour. Sprint simply pushes those books everytime you reboot.
    BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104

sparksmix no está en línea Stack level 1
    Use shrink-a-os. You can get rid of all unwanted things like facebook, myspace, aim, yahoo, etc. And it frees up about 15-20 MB of space depending on what all you delete. And makes your phone run way faster/smoother.