Hi guys,I got a situation and I hope I could get help from you.. I ... BlackBerry Tour forum

spidave no está en línea Stack level 2

Question can't get 3g with my Tour

Advertisement

Hi guys,I got a situation and I hope I could get help from you.. I live outside of the US,my cousin sent me his blackberry tour 9630 he live in the US. The phone works fine ,I went to put data plan on it but i can not get 3G it only says EDGE ,but I do have a 3G chips in it ,so I wonder why and is there any way possible to fix that???

tippmann15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Heya mate, where do you live?

Question

I live in Dominican Republic my provider is orange dominicana. I went to put the 3g chips card in my tour so I can get the 3g
    But it didn't come up,so the tech guy said its because their 3g technology won't work on my phone and
    In order to get 3G connection I would have to buy he blackberry from them. So right now I'm only on EDGE. Anything that can be done ,any configuration that can make get the 3G???

Quote Originally Posted by tippmann15 View Post
    Heya mate, where do you live?

Hi ,can anybody help me?

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    you need to check if the tour supports your carrier 3G bands, if not then you will be stuck on EDGE, mostly the 3g if for cdma carriers and i am assuming yours is gsm since you mentioned the sim card...
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    The GSM 3G in use in the 9630 is in the 2100 band. According to gsmworld.com, the 3G in use in the dominican republic is 850/1900 bands which means you will need a phone that is compatible with at&t's 3G network here in the us to make use of your 3G. You can confirm with your carrier about their 3G frequencies but that appears to be where your problem lies.

Zo

Thx Amigotek ,I'll check that out