I'm wondering if anyone knows how I can block unwanted callers. I've tried several call ... BlackBerry Tour forum

Cubward no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Blocking calls AND voicemail messages on my 9630 Tour

Advertisement

I'm wondering if anyone knows how I can block unwanted callers. I've tried several call blocking applications but I'm finding that most of them are pointless. They say they "block calls" but in essence all the applications are doing are picking up and hanging up and the caller goes straight to voice mail. As far as that goes, I can do that myself without a "call blocking application" by hitting the "Ignore" button when a call comes in. So what's the big news there?? Pointless applications in my opinion. I don't even want the caller to have the privilege of leaving a message. I prefer them to get a busy signal or be sent to some other bogus number. I read an article on "eHow" and some dude is saying that the blackberry has a call blocking feature built in. I've yet to find that as well. Does anyone know of a FREE call blocking application that also blocks the caller from leaving voicemail as well? Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give with this.

myblackberyiscool no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubward View Post
    I'm wondering if anyone knows how I can block unwanted callers. I've tried several call blocking applications but I'm finding that most of them are pointless. They say they "block calls" but in essence all the applications are doing are picking up and hanging up and the caller goes straight to voice mail. As far as that goes, I can do that myself without a "call blocking application" by hitting the "Ignore" button when a call comes in. So what's the big news there?? Pointless applications in my opinion. I don't even want the caller to have the privilege of leaving a message. I prefer them to get a busy signal or be sent to some other bogus number. I read an article on "eHow" and some dude is saying that the blackberry has a call blocking feature built in. I've yet to find that as well. Does anyone know of a FREE call blocking application that also blocks the caller from leaving voicemail as well? Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give with this.

I've used the app caleld Privacy Star.

Cal your Wireless Service Provider and ask about the Blocking Feature...

Cubward no está en línea Stack level 3
    .... but I don't want calls to go to voice mail. I've used Privacy Star and that's one app I don't care for, but thanks for your reply anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubward View Post
    .... but I don't want calls to go to voice mail. I've used Privacy Star and that's one app I don't care for, but thanks for your reply anyway.
    Yeah, Privacy Star.
    When someone calls you, and the number is blocked on the privacy star app, the calls will still come in, but when you see the number coming in. its like privacy star presses the ignore button really fast.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I know of BuzzOff and SmrtGuard as far as call blocking applications. BuzzOff will allow you to have the device pickup and hangup so that the caller cannot leave a voicemail. As far as completely blocking the number as you would do on a landline, you'll have to contact your carrier for that.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

Quote Originally Posted by MStrawder View Post
    I know of BuzzOff and SmrtGuard as far as call blocking applications. BuzzOff will allow you to have the device pickup and hangup so that the caller cannot leave a voicemail. As far as completely blocking the number as you would do on a landline, you'll have to contact your carrier for that.
    SmrtGuard can block calls?
    Where is this on SmrtGuard?
    Never heard of it.

And BuzzOff...is that a free app?

Tech Idiot no está en línea Stack level 3
    This would be good to know. I don't use my BB as a cell phone and have never given the # to anyone, but of course I still get calls. Never set up the voice mail box/system and nobody has ever left a message, thankfully.

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    I'm using Call Blocker Professional... in the options you can either have them go to voicemail or just pickup and hangup... I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by impak875 View Post
    I'm using Call Blocker Professional... in the options you can either have them go to voicemail or just pickup and hangup... I love it!
    Call Blocker Professional?
    Is that a free app?