Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey, just got the new bb tour 9630. the ring tones for my blackberry messenger ... BlackBerry Tour forum

MBLBell no está en línea Stack level 2

Question BLACKBERRY TOUR 9630 inconstistent ringtones

Advertisement

Hey, just got the new bb tour 9630.

the ring tones for my blackberry messenger (so far just bbm) aren't consistent. it'll buzz the ringtone i saved 95% of the time, but occassionally it'll buzz something else for a new bbm message. im sure its not an email or an sms etc...

any ideas?

too early for a software update prob.

Diffused no está en línea Stack level 3
    I've had similar issues that show up at random. Battery pull will fix it for awhile then it's back. Probably a bug that will get fixed in an OS update. But, do go into your profiles and set everything up the way you like and be sure to SAVE before backing out. Hope this helps.
    BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Same issue here... Sometimes I'm alerted as usual to a new email or SMS and other times it will only vibrate and never play the tone when my profile is set to vibrate+tone.

A minor annoyance hopefully to be fixed in an OS update.

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    this happens for me with bbm all the time. if i have more then one convo going at the same time i use bbpro 6 as my bbm alert and out of no where the crystal ringtone will go off. it happens daily with more then once convo open. (heavy useage) i dunno if its an os problem or what but it can be annoying. i wish there was a fix for this. maybe with updates.
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

sugarhoodie no está en línea Stack level 2
    This same exact issue is happening to me. I finally ended up replacing my Tour for a brand new one (after getting several weird looks from the Verizon reps when trying to explain the issue). Low and behold...the same issue is happening with the new Tour as well...very annoying.

white2003 no está en línea Stack level 3
    The 5% of the time when this happens, is your blackberry plugged into your computer?

automan69 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I haven't had any problem with the set ringtones but do have a different one. Everytime I plug my Tour to the computer the time changes. It goes up 1 hour. This is becoming a pain!

crglenwright no está en línea Stack level 1
    I had the same prob and found making a custom profile it went away.

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    I did a soft reset and i havent had that problem since..

remote44 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Same issue as nicky and sugar described very odd I am running 9630/5.0.0.230

galavanter no está en línea Stack level 3

Custom Profile Fixed My Sort of Related Issue

Quote Originally Posted by crglenwright View Post
    I had the same prob and found making a custom profile it went away.
    Today has been my first day with the Tour. I had all email profiles set to "Silent" and still got a notification sound. Setting to level "1" still produced a sound around level 5 or so. Thanks for the post as a custom profile did the trick for my issue as well.

preacher007 no está en línea Stack level 1

Post The Rev.

hi there,
    I'm a fellow Tour user let me know if I can assist you.

cvrolla no está en línea Stack level 1
    I am unable to save my ring tones. wanted to change them on my bbm and texting, as i noticed when my daughter came home from college, that we had the same ring tones. I have reset the ring tones, and hit save, but they were not saved. They are still the old ring tones. I have even taken out the battery and still nothing, any ideas??????

kam2958 no está en línea Stack level 2
    i've noticed on my tour that only certain people come up with a different ring (I have phone set on same bb ring tone for all), could facebook make it do that - sorry for silly question - thanks k

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    Mine does that as well. Usually for phone calls ans bbm. I've done battery pulls but still run into the same problem. I'm running 5.0.0.419.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast