Results 1 to 9 of 9

I know I've seen it before. At least I think I have. I am set ... BlackBerry Tour forum

  1. #1
    Tech Idiot's Avatar
    Tech Idiot no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    271

    Automatic Signature option

    Advertisement



    I know I've seen it before. At least I think I have.

    I am set up for an automatic signature to be included in every e-mail (at the bottom). I don't even see it, but it goes out with every e-mail and if I e-mail myself, when I receive it -- it's there. All good.

    But -- how can I turn it off for an e-mail or two. I know I've seen this option.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    RogerG's Avatar
    RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    21,111
    This is controlled through your BIS account. You can remove it from there, but you will have to re-add when you want to use it again.

  3. #3
    MWPatterson's Avatar
    MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    Posts
    1,031
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    This is controlled through your BIS account. You can remove it from there, but you will have to re-add when you want to use it again.
    It is a check box if I remeber correctly in BIS when you log in and open the account you want to remove it from.

  4. #4
    Tech Idiot's Avatar
    Tech Idiot no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    271
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    This is controlled through your BIS account. You can remove it from there, but you will have to re-add when you want to use it again.
    Thanks. I am on BES and this feature can be turned on and off via the BB.

    Actually, I found it. Here's the deal -- open your inbox, go to where today's date is highlighted. Push the rollerball, scroll down to options. Second item is e-mail settings and it's under there.

    Thanks again RoGro.

  5. #5
    coverdac's Avatar
    coverdac no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    2158058d
    Posts
    62
    Turn it off from the bis then make a shortcut for your signature. Autotext is what I think it is, example is like when u type hr it spells the word hour. I have mine set for the letters zz-so when I type that at the end of an email it adds it to the end of the email.

  6. #6
    RogerG's Avatar
    RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    21,111
    No check box, at least on AT&T. Just a box for the signature itself.

  7. #7
    RogerG's Avatar
    RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    21,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech Idiot View Post
    Thanks. I am on BES and this feature can be turned on and off via the BB.

    Actually, I found it. Here's the deal -- open your inbox, go to where today's date is highlighted. Push the rollerball, scroll down to options. Second item is e-mail settings and it's under there.

    Thanks again RoGro.
    Should've asked that before (if you were on BES). Good deal. Glad you got it figured out!

  8. #8
    Tech Idiot's Avatar
    Tech Idiot no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    271
    Quote Originally Posted by coverdac View Post
    Turn it off from the bis then make a shortcut for your signature. Autotext is what I think it is, example is like when u type hr it spells the word hour. I have mine set for the letters zz-so when I type that at the end of an email it adds it to the end of the email.
    Yes, that's Auto-Text. The zz is default I think. All you have to do is type in your name or whatever you want to appear.

  9. #9
    Tech Idiot's Avatar
    Tech Idiot no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    271
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    No check box, at least on AT&T. Just a box for the signature itself.
    Yes. It's a box for the signature and a "yes" or "no" drop down.

    Thanks again everyone. Sorry for the confusion.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •