I have had a BlackBerry Curve 8330 for a little over a year now and ... BlackBerry Tour forum

Storm75 no está en línea Stack level 1

Any info on new Tour 2?

Advertisement

I have had a BlackBerry Curve 8330 for a little over a year now and am itching to upgrade. I just received an e-mail message from Verizon Wirless that I can upgrade any phone for whatever the lowest promotional pricing is. Of course, you have to extend your contract but due to our location Verizon is our only real choice anyway.

I have researched the current Tour 9630 and it looks OK, a bit concerned about the large number of trackball issues that users have experienced. While reading reviews of the 9630 on several sites I couldn't help but notice that word is out that the Tour 2 is close. Looks to me like they replaced the trackball with a touchpad thing?

Anyway, would appreciate any info you folks might have: is it worth waiting for, and what is the anticipated release date on the big V system?

Thanks in advance!

Mike

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I don't have any info on it but I'll follow along to see if you get any good feedback. You and I are about in the same position: 8330, ready to upgrade when the right new device comes along. Good luck to both of us. BTW, I think the new trackpad is getting good press from its users so that may be a big plus.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Yeah, the trackpad alone is worth the upgrade.

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    I have the first Tour and I haven't experienced any trackball issues so far. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

pkcable no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask via
    The Tour2 should be coming soon. We don't know exactly, but the signs are good, for example the SKU number for the dummy units has appeared in the VZW system already, and last week a RIM tweet slipped out announcing the device. It should be coming soon. I would say anywhere from now up till early march as a guesstimate.
    Rich C.
    Twitter me @ http://twitter.com/pkcable

Reinstall Your OS on a Bricked BB Click here

Cheeze_78 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31076D84
    Don't expect a Tour 2 anytime soon. The device that was rumored to be the Tour 2 has been re-branded to a Bold device.

http://www.blackberrycool.com/2010/0...rry-bold-9650/

pkcable no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask via
    Yes, now it's looking like April/May/June timeframe.
    Rich C.
    Twitter me @ http://twitter.com/pkcable

Reinstall Your OS on a Bricked BB Click here

Since the 9650 has been released and "sent back for updates" I'm not sure I'll be 1st in line to get one when it IS released. I think I'll be waiting for the early reports/reviews to see how well it works. I suppose it's a good thing that it was sent back, though, if it wasn't ready to go.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3
    No def answer I called VZW and asked about the tour 2...and the reps r clueless as to when that will come out!! at least so they claimed!!
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou

Generally speaking, I don't think the carriers tell their reps ANYTHING about when a new device is coming out. I guess they don't want to leak it - it would take about an hour (if that long) for it spread across the country if they did.

Quote Originally Posted by butterfly2 View Post
    No def answer I called VZW and asked about the tour 2...and the reps r clueless as to when that will come out!! at least so they claimed!!