Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by Instantz Well the 3G doesn't work on the Tour in America, I ... BlackBerry Tour forum

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Instantz View Post
    Well the 3G doesn't work on the Tour in America, I read somewhere that it only works in other countries. I thought that was rather dumb.
    That is soooo not true..... Nonsense

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...available.html
    Nokia N900 32GB [Unlocked]
    ----------------------------------------
    Version: [PR 1.3] 20.2010.36-2

Flash Memory: A-Data 16GB SDHC CL6-Turbo
    Overclocked @1Ghz

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Quote Originally Posted by Instantz View Post
    Well the 3G doesn't work on the Tour in America, I read somewhere that it only works in other countries. I thought that was rather dumb. But in the settings you can choose between 1xEV or Global which is also 1xEV but I think the Global is faster.

EV is 3G for CDMA devices, it is short for EVDO. You are correct that the GSM 3G won't work in the states but the CDMA side will.

Zo

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    the smaller they are, the harder it is to put in.. and the easier it is to bend it out of place I would think.. Still loving the old school usb port on my bold.. and all the extra chargers I have collected over the years ! whoo hooooooo

Tech Idiot no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Grafixx01 View Post
    I haven't noticed it draining and where I work has HORRIBLE signal since we're encased in cement in the basement. It'll roam and try to pick up a signal all day but I don't want leave it in my car.

DVDs and CDs have already changed! Well, DVDs really... It's called BluRay, and the phasing out HD-DVD!
    Don't the cases have the "sleeper" feature like previous BB's? I thought the design behind that was to save battery/power.

Thanks.

marczeffren no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    i havent read through this thread, but the micro usb charger on the tour is becoming the starndard, it is already standard, and i think possibly law, by the equivalent of USA's FCC, in Europe
    Tour on 4.7.1.53

dmd31842 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Is there something I can do, other than not using it, that will slow down the battery drain?

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by dmd31842 View Post
    Is there something I can do, other than not using it, that will slow down the battery drain?
    Turn off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS when you don't need 'em. Check your 3rd party apps to make sure they're not auto-updating in the background constantly. Make sure you close apps rather then just hitting the end button on the device. All of those will drain the device quick. Personally, I use the Auto On/Off feature at night to turn the device off when I'm asleep and back on before the alarm on it goes off.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by dmd31842 View Post
    Yup, ensure you close out of all applications when not in use and turn off any extra functions not being utilized. Personally, I've had no problems with battery drain on my device. No more than I experienced with my Curve from just daily use. My phone is on 24/7 because of my job and it just charges at my bedside every night. It's off the charger from 0630 until about 10pm during the weekdays and I have no battery issues. I regularly use email, browser, BBM, Google Maps, calendar and all is well up to this point.

Keep in mind, you have a new device so it gets used more than a device you've had for a couple of months.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

MrX
    MrX no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304185AB
    Definitely hating the location of the port more than the change in type.

rhythmco no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Grafixx01 View Post
    MicroUSB is the new standard for charging devices such as BlackBerries. Most, if not all vendors are moving towards it.

Amazon is your friend!! You can get adaptors on it for like $0.57 to still be able to use your MiniUSB and convert it to MicroUSB.
    Thank you thank you thank you! I have a million mini usb cables laying around and was wondering about adaptors!
    BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

rhythmco no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by tina_twyman View Post
    ...the fact that your old blackberry car charger doesn't fit the new tour mini USB? I am not that technical, but I get around a little and USB stands for what agian???Now we have mini USB...urgh!!!!
    Not to mention they put the charge port on the right side of the phone! Damn people
    BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    My 8900 has one of the mini usb ports, my youngest son's new moto Karma has one, so I figured my oldest son's new Samsung Eternity would have one too-wrong. It still uses the flat blade type charger. I wish ALL the manufacturer's would get on board and all have one universal charger-whatever it may be.
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    They are, it is just not scheduled to be in full effect until 2011 or 2012. Samsung and LG will probably be the last two to convert since they have for the longest chosen to change charging ports with every new lineup of phones.

Zo

apagl no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down mini USB port in totaly wrong place on Tour 9630

Quote Originally Posted by MrX View Post
    Definitely hating the location of the port more than the change in type.
    I can't agree more.

Considering the Tour is such a power hog, I need to have this thing plugged in quite often (which is really not a huge problem)
    But being able to use the device while plugged in, IS a big problem

I don't think they could have chosen a more inappropriate location for this mini USB port. (lower right side of device)

Are all the these brilliant ergonomic RIM engineers left handed?

Look at the stats, 90-93 percent of humanity is right handed.
    (Check out Left handedness on Google)

Even placing the port at the top right of the phone would spare me the fumbling.

Read this forum and take note RIM!

sommacero no está en línea Stack level 1
    the new micro charging port in designed to be stronger and it is. many people were complaining for every manufacture to come out with something strong and something standard-this is what they came up with. the port is reinforced and super strong which is a plus, if you have a loose port on the new design they will always say physical damage for this reason...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12