Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

...the fact that your old blackberry car charger doesn't fit the new tour mini USB? ... BlackBerry Tour forum

tina_twyman no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30d4e1b6

9630 needs mini usb charger - Annoying!

Advertisement

...the fact that your old blackberry car charger doesn't fit the new tour mini USB? I am not that technical, but I get around a little and USB stands for what agian???Now we have mini USB...urgh!!!!

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Same for the 8900 also. The flip berries are like that too.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Instantz no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yeah I noticed the difference as well. I thought it sucked, but oh well.

The only thing I hate is where the charge port is.
    -MOTO*DROID- *Verizon Wireless*

Grafixx01 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30B5F65E
    MicroUSB is the new standard for charging devices such as BlackBerries. Most, if not all vendors are moving towards it.

Amazon is your friend!! You can get adaptors on it for like $0.57 to still be able to use your MiniUSB and convert it to MicroUSB.

dubie76 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Or you can go to ebay and order a microUSB car charger for $3.85 and free shipping like I did!!!

Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Yeah people, it's really not a big deal. That is the new standard, everyone will be using it..... Now the charging port, yeah you're not gonna like that little deal. You will have to place the cord in between your index finger and your middle finger to type. It's a pain....
    Nokia N900 32GB [Unlocked]
    ----------------------------------------
    Version: [PR 1.3] 20.2010.36-2

Flash Memory: A-Data 16GB SDHC CL6-Turbo
    Overclocked @1Ghz

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Article here discussing how it will be the new standard.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

PIN/ID
    30d4e1b6
    Quote Originally Posted by MStrawder View Post
    Article here discussing how it will be the new standard.
    No, its not that big of a deal. Jus a little annoyed. Will check out amazon. I'm sure DVDs and CDs will change in a couple of years.

Has anyone noticed a difference in their battery with the Tour? Initially, mine seems its draining faster than my old 8830 WE. At, least with my seetings, which are pretty close 2 my old phone. I'm stil monitoring since its a little 2 early 2 be sure.

dubie76 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Mine seems to drain fast too, but that might be because I cant put it down.....LOL
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

PIN/ID
    30B5F65E
    Quote Originally Posted by tina_twyman View Post
    No, its not that big of a deal. Jus a little annoyed. Will check out amazon. I'm sure DVDs and CDs will change in a couple of years.

Has anyone noticed a difference in their battery with the Tour? Initially, mine seems its draining faster than my old 8830 WE. At, least with my seetings, which are pretty close 2 my old phone. I'm stil monitoring since its a little 2 early 2 be sure.

I haven't noticed it draining and where I work has HORRIBLE signal since we're encased in cement in the basement. It'll roam and try to pick up a signal all day but I don't want leave it in my car.

DVDs and CDs have already changed! Well, DVDs really... It's called BluRay, and the phasing out HD-DVD!

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    The new port has alot mre strength to it compared to the old mini USB. Personally I love it.
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

PIN/ID
    30B5F65E
    That's the same way I feel. I think that the old MiniUSB port is too flimsy. I have gone through multiple 8830s because of the port breaking off.

PIN/ID
    30d4e1b6
    I also went through my share of 8830s because of the port. I wonder if that is because I would drive and charge my phone up at the same time! LOL
    On the standard USB car charger that I was annoyed about not realizing I couldn't use it with my new Tour! LOL

However, many of you have informed me about that adapter or clearly I can just getting a new charger. No way, I am buying my son a Tour. I just got him the 8330 in February.

I think I need to play with my settings more because I feel the Tour drains faster (based on my usage and settings). As of now, I may just be blowing up the phone as much as I am playing with it...

Yep, blue ray is the new DVD ! LOL Guess I just can't keep up!

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    You will notice that battery life on a 3G equipped device is short compared to your regular 8330.

Instantz no está en línea Stack level 3
    Well the 3G doesn't work on the Tour in America, I read somewhere that it only works in other countries. I thought that was rather dumb. But in the settings you can choose between 1xEV or Global which is also 1xEV but I think the Global is faster.
    -MOTO*DROID- *Verizon Wireless*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast