Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unfortunately, Sprint doesn't offer YouMail for free. If I'm going to have to pay for ... Smartphone Reviews forum

boblincoln no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3180B706

YouMail, PhoneTag, VoiceCloud, GotVoice, etc?

Advertisement

Unfortunately, Sprint doesn't offer YouMail for free. If I'm going to have to pay for speech-to-text service, I want to make sure I'm getting the best. I appreciate everyone's feedback and below are the services I'm looking at. I'd like the service to be EASY to set up and quick to convert a voicemail to a text email.

YouMail: $3.99 for first 10-15 seconds of voicemail for 50 voicemails per month. $6.99 for 50.
    PhoneTag(simulscribe): $.35 per message or $9.95 for 40 vm-to-text
    MessageSling: $6.99 for 20 voicemails transcribed per month
    VoiceCloud: $9.95 for 50 voicemails transcribed per month
    GotVoice: $9.95 for 40 voicemails transcribed per month
    SpinVox: $10 for 25 voicemails transcribed or $.44 each message.
    OneBox: $12.95 for unlimited transcriptions if I understood their page correctly.

Price is my main concern and ease of use is second. I'm leaning towards YouMail & PhoneTag but I've heard that there are extra charges for voicemail forwarding with Sprint and I'm not familiar with either product. Also...not real keen on 10-15 seconds of transcription? I appreciate the help.
    Last edited by boblincoln; 02-01-2009 at 06:24 PM.

computerteckn no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30412bf
    I have sprint as well and they by no means seem to care what I or you as a customer want. I have been in communication with a top level sprint exec and there is nothing that she can do with the fowarding charge.

It will take sprint loosing many more customers before they will see the light. The bb outage for mms and the stupid forwarding charge is what is driving people away not to mention the extreme lack of trained staff.

You mail is in my opinion the best of all of them and simpliest to use but the .20 cent charge adds up quick for something u are paying for already. A five minute vmail will cost you a buck and 20 five minute vmails twenty bux not to mention the long distance charges sprint will pass your way even with the everything plan.

Sprint is stupid and I myself can't wait for my contract to expire in a few months so I can drop them like a bad habit.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

clarkkent51ny no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    305DA705
    sorry guys.....sprint sucks!
    This is my Blackberry. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without me my Blackberry is useless. Without my Blackberry I am useless.

BDG51@vzw.blackberry.net
    http://briandominic.vox.com/

AL904 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I personally have tried most of those services. I ended up subscribing to a lesser-known company's product. That firm is Line1Communications.

Although the original poster specified that he was looking for a less expensive alternative, I am responding for other readers who might be interested spending a little more for what I consider a much more reliable alternative.

I have been extremely satisfied with Line1's service. If your voicemail is crucial to your business, Line1Communications deserves consideration. And, no I am in no way affiliated with Line1. I am just one of their many happy customers.
    Last edited by j llama; 02-01-2009 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Rules Violation.
    AL in Jacksonville Beach, FL
    Using Bold with at&t
    Forum for PTT Users

hyphen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30BCDAA6
    not thread jacking but to aid bob and others with the issue I ill post some discounted call forwarding codes these only wrk for sprint... Now I just have to see where placed them

I thought youmail was free tho?
    ~via BB

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    youmail is free but it is technically a call forwarding so i guess sprint charges for call forwarding
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

PIN/ID
    3180B706
    Quote Originally Posted by hyphen View Post
    not thread jacking but to aid bob and others with the issue I ill post some discounted call forwarding codes these only wrk for sprint... Now I just have to see where placed them

I thought youmail was free tho?
    ~via BB
    $.20 a minute to forward...I'll be very interested in the codes if you can find them.

computerteckn no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30412bf
    The way it was explained to me with Sprint, it doesn't matter if its conditional or unconditional, .20 a min plus Long Distance charges. Sprint is lame and is in the dark ages. Its understandable why so many people leave them and why they are rated one of the worst.

All carriers have their drawback this is true but companies need to evolve and give their customer what they want or simply put, get left.

bradley1972 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31C040A4
    I thought call forwarding was a standard feature. I'm with VZW, have YouMail, and have no charges. Nada, zip, nothing. I used to work for Sprint and left because they blow like an air conditioner. Its also the only job I've ever walked out on. I could no longer push a product I didn't believe in. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    3180B706
    Quote Originally Posted by bradley1972 View Post
    I thought call forwarding was a standard feature. I'm with VZW, have YouMail, and have no charges. Nada, zip, nothing. I used to work for Sprint and left because they blow like an air conditioner. Its also the only job I've ever walked out on. I could no longer push a product I didn't believe in. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I may be one of the few, but let me say that Sprint is great for a customer like me. I don't want this thread to turn into a "which carrier is the best" thread, as I'm very interested in the voice-to-text feature. However, I get great reception, quick/frequent EVDO, great GPS service, and all the email/online/phone service I could want for only $82 a month. Sprint is a great service, but they do need to work on getting first-to-market phones, MMS on blackberries, and more knowledgeable customer service. They're a great company that offers a great service...but, unfortunately, they've fallen under poor PR to becoming an easy to pick on company. I hope they turn things around because I HOPE I start getting some of these services, but mostly, I hope to not have to wait 2 years for phones like the Bold and Storm. Otherwise, I can't complain with the consistent service I've received...and I've been with multiple carriers.

hyphen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30BCDAA6
    Here are the codes call care and see what they can do

CFBNA CCFB* Cond'l Call Forwarding Busy*CCFNA* CPKG* Cond'l Call Fwd No Answer*CFBUSY or CCFB* Cond'l Call Forwarding Busy**

All of them are unlimited and free
    ~via BB

malejko no está en línea Stack level 2
    I don't get many voicemails, so I went with PhoneTag. I've been happy with them so far. Rogers offers SpinVox for like $6/mo, but I have yet to use more than like $3 or so with PhoneTag over the last like 4 months. Now that I got the blackberry, it is nicer not having to get txt's and instead get the email transcriptions on the phone. No more split up voice transcriptions.

Also, on my last plan with Rogers, I didn't get charged the call forwarding amount for PhoneTag calls; now that I have the bberry messaging plan, I have been charged. Time to at least call Rogers with a nice 'wtf'. The weird part was that I had to use a star code in order to even get PhoneTag to work; but that's probably because I don't even have voicemail with Rogers. Before I just had voicemail disabled and it worked just fine.

Just my 2 cents.

PIN/ID
    3180B706
    Quote Originally Posted by malejko View Post
    I don't get many voicemails, so I went with PhoneTag. I've been happy with them so far. Rogers offers SpinVox for like $6/mo, but I have yet to use more than like $3 or so with PhoneTag over the last like 4 months. Now that I got the blackberry, it is nicer not having to get txt's and instead get the email transcriptions on the phone. No more split up voice transcriptions.
    Sounds good to me...I think I'll try PhoneTag.

PIN/ID
    3180B706
    So, I signed up for PhoneTag/SimulScribe earlier tonight and it seems like an amazing, inexpensive, fast, and effective service. I'm glad I asked everyone for their advice. Thanks stackers.

If anyone else wants to sign up, they gave me a link that'll give us both 30 days to trial the service instead of just 7 days. Just click below!
    https://apps.simulscribe.com/signup/r/362553

malejko no está en línea Stack level 2
    I guess if I was thinking the same way, I would have offered a sponsor link to you in order to get a free month myself.

Oh well.. glad you like it though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast