Verdict : Very nice Case, Excellent fit. Pros : Beautiful Leather, Nice Smooth Swiveling Clip, ... Smartphone Reviews forum

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

VAJA RI052 Classic Leather Case

Advertisement

Verdict
    : Very nice Case, Excellent fit.
    Pros: Beautiful Leather, Nice Smooth Swiveling Clip, Hard Plastic Display Screen protects BB Display. Metal Screens protect both normal and Speaker Phone speakers.
    Cons: Keyboard faces out so manual keyboard locking is a necessity, Hard Plastic Display Screen scratches easily.
    Price: $ 64 with Swivel Belt Clip (As Tested) also available without the Swivel Clip for $60.00.
    URL: http://www.vajacases.com/home/home_en.html
    Overall Rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

This is a very high quality leather case with a free swiveling belt clip that is secure and easily used. You must rotate the BB to the correct position and press the Clip Lock Release before removing the Case from the clip. The workmanship appears to be excellent, with a nice tight fit to the 8700. It installs securely on the device, if somewhat awkwardly. It’s best to turn off the device before installing.

As it is a case and not a holster, there is no magnet to put the device into the “In Holster Mode” so that feature cannot be used to automatically change Notification Options. I can see that it protects the 8700 well except for the top which extends out of the protected area of the case, but this is necessary to be able to put the device in the case.

I found that the open face for the keyboard and the fact that it faces out causes the display to be activated by brushing against objects such as desk chair arms and car seat belts, causing the battery life to be somewhat shorter. And it is also necessary to manually lock the keyboard to prevent accidental dialing if you have speed dial activated.

Will I use this case? Not for everyday use, but I will use it for special occasions where I don’t want to wear my OEM plastic holster.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: VAJA RI052 Classic Leather Case

awesome review. THanks!

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Very nice.. but for $60 I don't know..

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

Cons: Keyboard faces out so manual keyboard locking is a necessity, Hard Plastic Display Screen scratches easily.
    Price: $ 64 with Swivel Belt Clip (As Tested) also available without the Swivel Clip for $60.00.

Yeah...I must have a case that prevents any accidental keyboard activations...and 60 Clams is a bit much for a case, but if this is your thing, it may well be worth it.

It does look very nice though, and not bad in blue either!

Excellent review!!!

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Great Review! Did anybody mention it was expensive yet?
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Hayden, If that was you, thanks for adding the Picts. If not, Who ever did, Thanks. I forgot about that.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Nice review Rcb, thank you very much.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Great review Rcb. I have had this case for my 8700g for about 3 months now and I must say that I absolutely love the case. The leather is perfect and the screen protector protects my BB's screen incredibly. Although I have never had any issues with buttons being hit by bumping into something, I will advise all to be careful when cleaning the protective screen, it does scratch if you're not careful. Overall a great product.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

ljbyar,

Did you find a screen protector that could fit the case screen? I didn't and it was to hard for these old eyes to cut one to shape.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

I have not found a screen protector to put on top of it. Although the scratches can be annoying, I really only see them when the backlight it off. They really don't show up with the screen on. I'll let you know if I find anything.

Personally, It only has to last me until the 8800 comes out.

backbeat no está en línea Awaiting email verification
    Quote Originally Posted by ljbyar
    Great review Rcb. I have had this case for my 8700g for about 3 months now and I must say that I absolutely love the case. The leather is perfect and the screen protector protects my BB's screen incredibly. Although I have never had any issues with buttons being hit by bumping into something, I will advise all to be careful when cleaning the protective screen, it does scratch if you're not careful. Overall a great product.
    You've been using this case with your G? From other posts/reviews I've read, there has been alotta talk about it being overly tight on the G-version. I'll order this one without hesitation if your experience has been issue-free. Thanks!

jbobmurph no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by ljbyar
    Just wanted to refresh this and see if I could get any input - I'm looking at ordering this case (Actually the RI051, but my understanding is that the only diff is the flap) for my 8700g. I've heard from various places that it doesn't/won't fit the 8700g.
    ljbyar, if you (or someone else, of course) could comment on the fit, etc, with the 8700g, I'd much appreciate it.

Thanks...