Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I've been a huge fan of this program since it first came out months ago ... Smartphone Reviews forum

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Unsynced Media Player

Advertisement

I've been a huge fan of this program since it first came out months ago and with 2.0 released just a few days ago, it's become even better. If you're unaware of the application, Unsynced Music Player is a 3rd-party audio player for BlackBerry's, but it is a major upgrade in terms of functionality over the stock player from RIM. Unsynced features album art, easy playlist creation, media hotkeys, new file scan, color skinning, and song previews rolled into a user-friendly interface. Browse through your music collection by title, artist, or album.

The feature I enjoyed most about this program was how easy it was to make a playlist. Simply select Playlists from the main menu and you'll see the screens below. From there, scroll to the song you want to add and click the trackball. Do that for each song and hit the back key to save the list. That's it. I was able to make a playlist for my running music of about 20 songs in about 30 seconds. As a side-note, a new feature in 2.0 allows you to preview the song by simply scrolling down to it and hovering for about 2 seconds.

Also new in 2.0 is the inclusion of album art. As you see in the screenshot below, it pulls the album info from the file and places the album cover smack dab in the middle of the screen.

I also like the ability to change the color of the player's skin. As you can see in the screenshots, mine is set to blue, but you can also pick from pink or orange. The development team says that in upcoming releases, they hope to include the ability to do OTA skin downloads to really customize the player. On player startup, it automatically refreshes the list of available tunes and a feature I personally like is the ability to browse and play files from anywhere on the device or SD card, not just the music folders. The mute key on the top of my 8900 functions as a play/pause button and the T and Y keys allow to go forward and backwards between tracks. This has been really great when I'm out running and want to skip a song. Much easier then trying to roll the trackball and click.

Unsynced is a nice addition to anyone's media app library and the best part is, it's free. The development team has been working hard over the last few months and I believe they've made a good music app even better. It is well worth the download for anyone who wants a bit more then the stock BlackBerry media player offers. Currently it is only available on the 8900 and Bold, but they've promised development on the Storm is in the works. You can pick-up a copy at m.unsynced.com or from App World.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

kayhites717 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    Thank you, Strawder, I am downloading it now. Looks to be awesome. Thumbs up.
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

automan69 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Wow nice find. I just dl the 8900 to my 9630 tour and I have to say it works great. Now why didn't RIM have this in the first place.
    BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/126

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Awww, sounds cool. Too bad it won't work on older devices.

tlivingston no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hey, this is Ted from Unsynced. Just wanted to say thanks a *ton* MStrawder for the review, we really appreciate it and are glad you like it Also just wanted to say if you guys have any feature ideas please shoot me an email at ted att unsynced dot com, as we want this to be the best player on BlackBerry! Also, expect more from us soon, as the mobile player is only the first step, and there are many steps yet to come...

Ted

kkwus74 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    320FB874
    looks sweet.....does this support the tour?

Ted,

How about making this application compatible with older devices?

Thanks,
    Roger

Quote Originally Posted by kkwus74 View Post
    looks sweet.....does this support the tour?
    Automan said he's using it on his Tour.....

PIN/ID
    320FB874
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Automan said he's using it on his Tour.....
    Ooops...didn't see that....thanks a bunch...DLing now....hehe
    BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104

Quote Originally Posted by tlivingston View Post
    Hey, this is Ted from Unsynced. Just wanted to say thanks a *ton* MStrawder for the review, we really appreciate it and are glad you like it Also just wanted to say if you guys have any feature ideas please shoot me an email at ted att unsynced dot com, as we want this to be the best player on BlackBerry! Also, expect more from us soon, as the mobile player is only the first step, and there are many steps yet to come...

Ted
    You might want to consider PinStack as a source for beta testing your new releases. We've got a great bunch of people here who love to jump in and put a new application through its paces. You'll get lots of great feedback and end up with a fantastic application as a result.

Cheers,
    Roger

Quote Originally Posted by kkwus74 View Post
    Ooops...didn't see that....thanks a bunch...DLing now....hehe
    BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104
    Hope it works out for ya! I'm jealous!

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by tlivingston View Post

Ted
    Not a problem at all. I enjoy bringing great apps to the attention of the community. As Roger mentioned, if you are in need of any beta testing, the PinStack community is always eager to try out new things. I know in your forums, you mention an equalizer isn't available due to a restriction by RIM, but if there is any type of workaround, that would be great. You also mentioned a desktop version to integrate with the player and I would be more then happy to test that out for you folks too.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    You might want to consider PinStack as a source for beta testing your new releases. We've got a great bunch of people here who love to jump in and put a new application through its paces. You'll get lots of great feedback and end up with a fantastic application as a result.

Cheers,
    Roger
    +1 Roger

Been using this since the day it came out and it is very nice, nice ui and bunch of features, this has a great chance to grow up even more.
    BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.130 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

PIN/ID
    320FB874
    Hope it works out for ya! I'm jealous!
    hehe.....yea it works great....loving it

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Ted,

How about making this application compatible with older devices?

Thanks,
    Roger
    I vote for a version for the 83xx too - it's a popular unit and probably gonna be around for a while - it is in my case anyway.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast