Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Nice logical arguments, but has anyone seen iphone's sales numbers? They're selling boatloads of iphones. ... Smartphone Reviews forum

mettleh3d no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

Nice logical arguments, but has anyone seen iphone's sales numbers? They're selling boatloads of iphones. A fierce element of their momentum is their sleek aesthetics and popularity.

It's simple to argue how berries are better than the iphone, but to the average consumer (who don't need or scoff at smartphones) the iphone is pretty fantastic. An average person buys their standard clam or candy bar phone, and comparing that to an iphone, the intuitive nature is undeniably refreshing. Comparing the iphone to other smartphones (while the iphone isn't even categorized to be a smartphone by most) smartphones have resaonable, practical advantages. To each his own though, right?

Can't convince love.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by mettleh3d View Post
    Nice logical arguments, but has anyone seen iphone's sales numbers? They're selling boatloads of iphones. A fierce element of their momentum is their sleek aesthetics and popularity..
    --------
    Actually I have seen the estimated sales figures. Apple keeps the "real" numbers from the public eye.

I have also read how Apple has "sold" a huge number of iPhones that have gone unactivated (sitting in a warehouse?).

Then of course we all know how easy it is to manipulate numbers to get a certain result. Therefore most of this is meaningless.

As far as the beauty contest, I agree with you. Any company that produces a good looking product that will stroke the egos of the tens of thousands with low self esteem & the burning desire to be perceived as "cool" or "trendy" is a company that will sell volumes to the masses. Which proves nothing really.

There is plenty of business for everyone, therefore if the masses migrate to a device that causes the other mfgs to raise their game, everyone benefits.

Competition, real or perceived is good for all involved.

via Red BB Curve 8310

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Good article... Apple does have a lot of catching up to do and it will be interesting to see the features on the next iPhone model to see if they are even close to the BlackBerry... I doubt they will be though

runner7395 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I had an iPhone for 7 months and then sold it. Don't get me wrong, it's a great devise and pleasure to use. The screen is the best in the business and viewing the internet was wonderful. However, I just never could get use to not having a "real" keyboard. Email was an awful experience on it. The battery was the best I have had in any phone, i often went 3-4 days between charges and then would only be at 50%. That being said, what most important to me is email and text messages, hence my switch to the BB. I've never looked back or missed my iPhone. I absolutely love my 8830, everything about it.

I do believe that all of this is good for bb. Competition is the best thing for us as consumers, it keeps companies from getting complacent.

bluefairy1971 no está en línea Stack level 3

My biss just got it and its a brick to me.

A $400 brick. Why? he cant get our job emails on his phones. Thats crazy $400 for that. I told him, should have gotten a blackberry.
    then some friends of mine have one and guess what, cant put their own music, gotta gt them from itunes or convert them???(??). $400 for that ?
    shoulda got a blackberry i tell them. lol

mettleh3d no está en línea Stack level 2
    Still, the iphone ain't no slacker either. It's definitely pretty and quite a capable device, just lacking some elements berry owners have grown attached to.

It isn't a smartphone right?

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    I agree with "pretty" however being a guy, I'm not into "pretty"
    Having owned one just for kicks and to see if it could possibly live up to the hype broadcasted at MacWorld which I attended, I must say that my iPhone experience was very boring. Yes it did have some "wow" to it for the first hour, after which the newness wore off, and it was downhill from there. No cut & paste? no user replaceable battery? no expansion card slot? Hello Apple? Anyone home?

Glad I sold it on ebay before the price cut due to low sales.

jeffpettis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me!
    BlackBerry......Brilliant indeed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12