Verdict: Reasonable and easy to use Pros: Great protection for the back and sides of ... Smartphone Reviews forum

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

T-Mobile BBPearl TriPack Rubberized Shells

Advertisement

Verdict: Reasonable and easy to use
    Pros: Great protection for the back and sides of the Pearl
    Cons: Could be a little more firm as the sides are flimsy; lack of protection for the screen
    Price: $19.99 USD
    URL: http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/addons/...ategorycode=21 Third from top of page.
    Overall Rating: 5/5

As some of you know, I have been looking for the perfect case, pouch, holster, skin, shell, etc. for my T-Mobile Pearl. I have found something close to it. My mom went to pay my bill for me (I was in the back of the van chatting on my Pearl LOL) and saw these rubberized open face shells. She came and got me and told me about something she thought I would like. I went in and looked at them to see if they were something I could use and IMMEDIATELY fell in love with them.

I accidentally stated in a post that these were the Seidio rubberized skins...they are NOT as I was corrected.

These rubber shells come in a tripack. The colors I bought are:
    1) Black (for both the T-Mobile and Cingular black Pearls)
    2) Pink
    3) White (for the T-Mobile white Pearl).

I just discovered they also have green, blue and red shells (for the Cingular red Pearl). I hope they have these in stock also as I may purchase them for variety. I am currently sporting the black shell and am LOVING it.

The first thing I noticed about these was the fact that the keypad, screen, mute/standby key, and sides were left unblocked for easy access. I kinda wish they had some sort of protection for the screen but keep the screen clean unlike the protector that came with my Fortte cases (I have a half inch scratch on my screen and my Seidio Slim Extended Battery cover looks like a knife has almost worn the word SEIDIO right off of it). I also immediately noticed the smell of the rubber.

I did not put the shell on the phone but I watched the sales rep put the black shell on and it looks easy to put on and take off. I use the Seidio Slim Extended battery and this shell works PERFECTLY.

I noticed that the shell is a little flimsy but my Pearl has not fallen out yet. The sides have a little play in them but that's to make putting the Pearl in and taking it back out easy.

The grip on this shell is perfect. It keeps the Pearl in my hand and that's something I need as I have a tendency to drop my phone frequently. I also use a wrist strap from my SK3 so I will always have my phone in hand with these 2 accessories.

All in all, even with the case being a little flimsy or loose, I will definitely keep using these until I either upgrade to the newest SureType device or they fall apart (and I will go get more).
    Attached Images Attached Images

whyte_bwoy no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23FBD4E3

Re: T-Mobile BBPearl TriPack Rubberized Shells

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~does blackbert sell any cases or covers themselves?

http://www.discoverblackberry.com/accessories You will have to use your BB browser or Opera Mini browser to access that link because discoverblackberry.com and blackberry.com no longer work via PC.

Or, once you access www.discoverblackberry.com via BB or Opera Mini, you can click on Accessories from the options at the top (the 6th grey box from the top). Your choices, once you reach the Accessories page, are: Batteries and Accessories; Carrying Solutions; Charging Solutions; Desktop; Headsets; and Security. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 06-05-2007 at 01:24 AM.

raphaelsamad no está en línea Stack level 2

I have a skin for my BB8800 that I got from BB themselves. It is not bad but I am not sure that I will end up using it that much. I do want protection for the BB but with the skin on, the unit does not go into the holster that easily.
    I am, however, quite keen on the one of these http://www.senacases.com/ .
    Last edited by raphaelsamad; 06-05-2007 at 07:43 AM.

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Been buying these for $4.49 each, i guess $19 for 3 isn't too bad! And yes there is green, gray, black, pink, orange and red.
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ As an update to the review, I figured out how to get the shells on and off. It was a little difficult with getting the wrist strap to line up properly but I finally managed to get it done. I may only be using the black shell. I put the white and pink ones on and really didn't like them (maybe if I had the white Pearl the white shell would look better LOL).

Also forgot to mention that the black shell almost looks like I don't have anything on the phone except the sides covering the chrome parts of the Pearl and back where the battery cover is covered. Nice. I like having cases that don't stand out unless they are a different color. Hope this helps anyone looking for reasonable protection for the Pearl.

rsto no está en línea Stack level 2

i got the pack from t mobile with the black, pink and white/clear. I have only used the white/clear one since i think it looks best on the white pearl, i think for 20 bucks for all 3 isnt bad at all either and they give it a nice feel, im always getting compliments on em, good choice for protecting it. Here are a few links with pics of the white/clear one on my white pearl.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h3...6/DSCN1812.jpg
    http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h3...6/DSCN1813.jpg
    http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h3...6/DSCN1814.jpg
    http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h3...6/DSCN1816.jpg

johnio no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23f77784

I have the black on my black 8100 and my wife has the pink on her white 8100.

I love the grip on these skins, its perfect. The OP said the sides are flimsy, but how else are you supposd to get it on and off!
    As far as smell, what smell?
    The best thing I like about this is that it blends in with my black 8100
    and has amazing grip compared to the original casing.
    This is definetly worth the $ if you value your beautiful sleek expensive BB8100.

~via BB 8100(wap.pinstack.com)~