Since I have not been able to get my hands on a new Droid yet ... Smartphone Reviews forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Smartphone Showdown: iPhone 3GS vs Motorola Droid

Advertisement

Since I have not been able to get my hands on a new Droid yet I've been trying to decide how it's going to meet my needs.
    This review is worth reading.

A bit about the reviewer: via MobileCrunch
    Being that I’m only human, it is absolutely impossible for me to be 100% objective when comparing two phones. Thus, my only option is to be as transparent as possible. Going into this review, I had used an iPhone (which, for disclosures sake, I pay for in full) as my primary device for around 2 years. I also regularly use a Palm Pre, Nokia N97, BlackBerry Tour, T-Mobile G1, and an HTC Touch2 to ensure a general knowledge of all the major platforms. I am an iPhone developer by hobby. This Droid unit was provided by Motorola for review

Review

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    It's a good read and it makes my need to leave verizon even harder. I do think the pics taken with the iphone were miles better.... expected more from the Droid's camera.....otherwise it looks fantastic to me
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    All the reviews thus far have been pretty good. I'm waiting for the online preorder for Vz to be posted-my two year upgrade just kicked in-perfect timing!

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    The Interface and Conclusion is what hit home for me on this review. I've posted several times in the past how important they are to the average person. I'm looking forward to the Droids success knowing it will push all those who have been giving us less for far too long.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    The Droid beats the iphone in every category except app store. No contest!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9YGvLHvUxQ
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    The droids processor is slighlty slower from than that of the 3G(S) from what I have read and that keyboard is atrocious.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

TripL no está en línea Stack level 1
    Very nice read!

On a more personal level it was kind of validation for me. I've always said that if VZ offered and iPhone I'd get it (AT&T not an option for me), It seems that the Droid is a worthy competitor and am enjoying it very much.

Apple raised the bar and it looks like the consumer is winning by having more & better choices then we've ever had before.