As with all my electronic devices, I am quite careful in handling my first ever ... Smartphone Reviews forum

Operation_X no está en línea Stack level 1

Seido BB 7130e Premium Skin Review

Advertisement

As with all my electronic devices, I am quite careful in handling my first ever Blackberry (model 7130e) by first enclosing it in the Fortte-branded flip case, fixed clip attached. While this particular investment performed well in protecting the entire device, even while in use, placing and receiving phone calls on the BB while inside the leather folder can become daunting over time. It takes an additional second or two to place the flip part over to the back of the handset prior to pushing the green button. In other words, if you are the type of person who utilizes the BB as a landline replacement and who receives a ton of calls and messages, then having to flip a lot can be a bit irritating.

So in comes a clear snap-on case from ebay... for me, it seemed to provide me the slim profile and convenience that I so desired. Little did I know that the thing was next to impossible to remove without scarring my BB. Well I did manage to pull the case off eventually; much to my dismay, the top portion of the device was horrendously scratched. Yuck...

Finally, I stumbled upon seidoonline, thanks to this forum. I ordered the jet-black skin last Wednesday and received it via Priority Mail yesterday. It only took a mere 15-20 seconds to place my 7130e inside this strong polymer encasing with no tearing. Everything from the ports to the speaker are aligned perfectly with the cut-outs. When using the BB as a phone, sounds remain unmuffled. As a PDA, the skin never obstructed me from typing emails and numbers flawlessly. Well done, Seido!

Two thumbs up for the jet-black premium skin (did I mention that this "grippy" encasing really looks professional as well?)... And yes, this investment is perfect for on-the-go women who prefer placing their devices in their purses or pockets. Just don't forget to protect your screen, too...
    Last edited by Operation_X; 03-21-2007 at 05:13 PM.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Operation_X no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Seido BB 7130e Premium Skin Review

After receiving my jet-black skin, I emailed Seido's customer service on how to best maintain the encasing's original, brand-new appearance and keep lint off. Tech support replied, saying: "[that] [y]ou can clean the skin case simply with water, or rubbing alcohol. You can consider to use anti static spray for cloth to spray on the skin case to prevent the dust and lint stick on" (Gmail, 3/22/07).

FYI--This info is especially aimed for people like myself who prefer to keep their BBs in either their pockets or purses.