The guys at Seidio were kind enough to send me the new slim rubberized case ... Smartphone Reviews forum

erdude no está en línea Stack level 1

Seidio Slim Rubberized Case Review

Advertisement

The guys at Seidio were kind enough to send me the new slim rubberized case for the 8330 so; I thought I’d give you my first impressions along with pros and cons.

First Impression:

The case definitely has a much sturdier feel than you’re typical below $10 skin. The Seidio Slim Rubberized Case is actually two pieces that snap together, once you lay your Curve in the back panel you simply apply the “face” portion and snap the clips together from top to bottom. Not having to fight to get it on your Curve is a welcome change from the flimsier skins.

Pros:

1. Little to no added bulk (about the same as a typical rubber skin), and fits perfectly which I can’t say for the less expensive skins.

2. The rubberized material doesn’t sweat when you’re using the phone unlike the cheaper skins.

3. The rubber-coated plastic definitely offers your Curve more protection from the bumps and bruises that life has to offer. I’ve dropped the phone from an 18-inch height (hey I have insurance); the case stayed together and there was no damage to my Curve. With the BoxWave Skin I had on my Treo I still managed to nick and scar the finish from a drop.

4. The keyboard, screen and scroll ball are accessible without obstruction from the case. I remember with the BoxWave Skin I had on my Treo I constantly had to adjust it to see a portion of the screen or use some of the keys on either side of the keyboard. Not to mention BoxWave doesn’t have a case yet for the CDMA Curve and the one they have for the GSM Curve is priced at $39.95, that’s $10 more expensive than Seidio’s.

5. The quick keys on the sides are recessed eliminating accidental operation of the program attached to each key. I was constantly activating the camera.

6. Does not interfere with speaker quality either while up to your ear or using the speakerphone.

Cons:

1. No protection for the screen if you’re a pocket carrier like me. That’s easily remedy with the purchase of screen protector.

2. When I first received the case I managed to unsnap the top portion of the case while putting the phone in standby. I believe this was caused more from not properly snapping the case together then a structural defect (see number 3 above).

Overall I’d say if you’re someone who wants the utmost protection for your Curve without adding unnecessary bulk the Seidio Slim Rubberized Case gives you that at a cost that’s $10 less then the competition.

Not to mention it gives the Curve the look of the pre-release photos of the Sprint Curve.

Schirripal no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    2096c6ec
    cant wait to recieve mine any day now LOL, Great Review BTW
    RedCurv07

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Nice review, I really like Seidio products

vangorder no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by Schirripal View Post
    cant wait to recieve mine any day now LOL, Great Review BTW

x2

Mine will arrive Monday
    You have two ears, two eyes, and one mouth;
    therefore, listen and observe twice as often as you speak.

WuTangPearl no está en línea Stack level 3
    niceee, they look great too! Thanks for another good review.
    ...hmmm I await the mailman everyday, please tomrrow!

Cracked Out no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Pls!
    I got mine yesterday. I actually bought the Seido case/holster combo in pink and love it.

shftatsix no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242CE81D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I've got a hybrid clear/rubber comming for my 8310 any day now, hope its as drop resistant as the full rubber

natesax7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244d259a
    How easy is it to get off of the phone? Pulling the battery with the 4.5 o/s beta is a regularity/

smoothresult no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    26DD2EBF
    Getting the seidio case off of the phone is easy as 123. It clips on as easy as it clips off. I love it, and all of my phones will have it as long as I have a Blackberry, which will be a long time....lol

natesax7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244d259a
    That's great to hear! I had bought a cheap case at a mall kiosk that lasted about 4 days. I'll definetely look in to this case.

Thanks for the info!