Review: Seidio Rubberized Case/Holster Combo Part Number: BD2-HLCSRBB8130- RD (RD=Red BK=Black BL=Blue) BB Model: 8130 ... Smartphone Reviews forum

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

Seidio Rubberized Case/Holster Combo For The 8130

Advertisement

Review: Seidio Rubberized Case/Holster Combo
    Part Number: BD2-HLCSRBB8130-RD (RD=Red BK=Black BL=Blue)
    BB Model: 8130
    Price: $49.95

I received the new Seidio Rubberized Case/Holster Combo today and I must say that for someone that is not a big fan of covers for their BB this one is nice. The case is made of two pieces of a hard plastic with a rubberized coating that snap together for a snug fit.

Size & Cases
    The size is nice and it is slim as they state, although it will not fit into your leather belt case if you have one. Not to mention if you do get it in the leather case, the rubberized coating makes it difficult to get it out again. So I guess it is a good thing it comes with a holster that has a swivel clip and a sleep function. The holster also has a spring loaded clip that clamps around the top to keep your BB comfortably in place and a pad to protect the screen. How the finish handles the spring loaded clip and the constant in/out of the holder is yet to be seen. Although I have seen this style wear finishes away over time.

Fit & Finish
    The feel of the rubberized coating is great and keeps it from feeling like it's going to squirt out of your hand like a bar of soap. The fit and finish is almost perfect and I don't see the uneven corner others reported on the curve model case (hopefully that was fixed). Other than that all the other openings and buttons are good.

Sounds & Functions
    Since this is a hard plastic case, it is important that the sound quality and functions such as keyboard and buttons are not hampered. So far that does not seem to be a problem. All the access holes are there for things like side buttons, speaker hole and camera opening. None of the functions are covered by the plastic. Even the headset that came with my BB fits perfectly into the opening, although if an after market headset is a larger diameter plastic than the one that comes with the BB it probably won't fit.

Protection
    Seidio states that this case will provide protection for your BB. I am sure that it will protect it from minor falls (Heaven forbid) and scratches to the back when you set it down. I am unwilling to try that theory out and I can't convince my wife to let me try it on her PinkBerry 8130 (as she calls it). So that one I will have to trust to Seidio.

Final Thoughts
    So far after trying it today, I am happy with the looks and feel of the case and holster. The available colors are attractive (black, burgundy & blue) and I am quite fond of the burgundy on the 8130. A little bit more work on the fit and finish would be nice. Otherwise this is a very nice product.

*Update: OK, after a week of having and using the case and holster I have had my first problem. Although the case has been great (I even swap colors sometimes when I feel like keeping things "fresh"), but now the holster has failed. The ratcheting belt clip no longer "ratchets". I guess the tabs that hold it in place wore off already. After only one week that is kind of disappointing. I have had other holsters fail before but not so quick. I hope Seidio will be good about this and replace it and the next one works fine.
    *Updated: Seidio made good on their support and sent me another holster. The one that doesn't work right is going back so they can see why it did what it did. Kudos to Seidio for their quick support and customer satisfaction, others could learn a lesson from them.
    Last edited by doughdaddy; 03-22-2008 at 09:40 AM. Reason: added update

furrbrain no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E4F98B

Question Re: Seidio Rubberized Case/Holster Combo

My question about this type of thing, does the holster have the magnet to change the profile?

Re: Seidio Rubberized Case/Holster Combo

Yes, as I stated in the article it has a sleep function.

Johnbrunin no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23EC574A

Great review. Thanks.I am looking for a case and this was a great help.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by Johnbrunin View Post
    Great review. Thanks.I am looking for a case and this was a great help.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    In your instance you would need these then since your profile states you have an 8100:
    Holster
    http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=533
    Case
    http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=726

Johnbrunin no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23EC574A

Re: Seidio Rubberized Case/Holster Combo For The 8130

You are making life easy! Thanks again!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

furrbrain no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E4F98B

Quote Originally Posted by doughdaddy View Post
    Yes, as I stated in the article it has a sleep function.
    Sorry, I missed that! Great review!

MHutch30 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    cnAsk4it

I have had this combo sice day one w/ my 8130--love it!

Great review...I agree a little more finish work would be nice; overal this one's an "A+"

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925

Does the inside of the case have dust protection? (ex. -like otterbox) I work in a real gritty environment and this would be a plus. Right now I have it in a 3 stage case...very convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbee View Post
    Does the inside of the case have dust protection? (ex. -like otterbox) I work in a real gritty environment and this would be a plus. Right now I have it in a 3 stage case...very convenient.
    No, it is a simple two piece rubberized case. The openings are exposed.

jadouglas no está en línea Stack level 1

Great review as I have been looking as well.

Updated my original article with a problem that came up.

seidioseidio no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by doughdaddy View Post
    Updated my original article with a problem that came up.
    Doughdaddy,

This is definitely not normal. Please email your contact and original order information to forum@seidio.com and I'll make sure you get a holster replacement ASAP.

Thanks,

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Glad to see they're on the ball! I just ordered one of the these little jewels today. Let us know how it turns out for you DD - know you will.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com