Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I recently had the opportunity to test and evaluate the new Seidio Innocase Surface and ... Smartphone Reviews forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Seidio Leather Case & Innocase Combo...

Advertisement

I recently had the opportunity to test and evaluate the new Seidio Innocase Surface and their Premium Horizontal Leather Case Combo in Black. This is a stunning new product for your BlackBerry Bold.

The first thing that struck me as I unpacked these two, was the stellar quality. Made of the very best of materials they each exude class and style. The Innocase Surface is the nicest “skin” type of case I’ve used. What set’s it apart from the competition is the slightly thicker material, which lends itself well to holding it’s shape, as well as fitting very precisely. All the cutouts are precise, and align with the various ports & buttons perfectly. At less than 1mm thick it does not add any bulk, but rather adds a very valuable layer of protection.

Another very nice aspect of this case is that it covers the slippery “chrome” trim that surrounds the phone and makes your new Bold much easier to pickup and hold. The additional grip that it provides turns your operating experience into one of confidence, and security. For me, it made it easy to operate the phone one handed.

The Premium Leather Horizontal Case makes this combo particularly useful. The beautiful leather and precise stitching reflect a luxury look and feel. Equipped with a low profile leather covered belt clip, it’s slim enough to wear on your belt or put in your pocket. Just the type of flexibility that I like to have. Like the Innocase, the fit of this case is absolutely perfect. The flap closes securely, so as to keep the phone in place, and when your phone rings it’s easy to remove quickly. I highly endorse this product.

You can find it here at Seidio Online Bold Case Combo

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    very nice review archer, thank you! i have almost as many bb cases as i do shoes and purses (my other addictions!)

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    very nice review archer, thank you! i have almost as many bb cases as i do shoes and purses (my other addictions!)
    Thanks Cherri~

I must confess that I'm a case addict myself. Both for my BlackBerrys and my ThinkPad laptops. I just enjoy having variety of choices in bags and cases, therefore I truly enjoy this Seidio product as it fits in with the nicer upscale cases I have.

Cheers

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Thanks Archer! Great review!

Wish they had that case for the Curve!

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    nice. i'm looking at this for my storm. might go with the holster instead of the case. have you used the holster with the innocase?
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Good review, Archer. I haven't tried that many cases but, once I put a Seidio combo around my Curve I was sold as to the quality. They seem to be a company you can trust with quality as well as warranty - I've experienced both.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    nice. i'm looking at this for my storm. might go with the holster instead of the case. have you used the holster with the innocase?
    No I'm not into holsters, therefore this case and skin combo is perfect for me. I like to have a skin on the phone when out of the case, and the fit when putting it back into the case with the skin on is ideal. It's the first combo like this that is purposely designed to fit together so nicely.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    No I'm not into holsters, therefore this case and skin combo is perfect for me. I like to have a skin on the phone when out of the case, and the fit when putting it back into the case with the skin on is ideal. It's the first combo like this that is purposely designed to fit together so nicely.
    kool. i'm not a big holster guy either but i saw that they were offering both combos and i was intrigued with the holster one. probably will go with the case combo though.

The best aspect of this combo is the truly excellent fit and top quality materials. This is one case combo that is going to last a long time.

mdlissner no está en línea Stack level 2
    Does the case in this combo support the Blackberry sleep mode?

mdlissner,

Yes, the combo supports the sleep mode. I made a comment that I wish they had the combo for the Curve. Ordered one last night!

Here's the setup for your 8800.

::edit:: You might want to call or e-mail Seidio to make sure the combo for the 88xx series does support the sleep function. It actually outlines that in the description for the Curve, but does not for the 88xx series. In fact, the verbiage talks about the Instinct, not the BlackBerry device. Could just be a typo or error on their part, but if the holster is indeed for the 88xx series, then I can almost guarantee it will support the BlackBerry sleep mode.
    Last edited by RogerG; 12-09-2008 at 09:08 AM.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    mdlissner,

Yes, the combo supports the sleep mode. I made a comment that I wish they had the combo for the Curve. Ordered one last night!

Here's the setup for your 8800.
    are you sure? it says the holster has magnetic feature but i can't find where it says the pouch does. i was thinking about ordering one for my storm(when it comes available) but i can't find the magnet feature listed.
    n/m...i read your edit

Just edited my post, cats. Like I said, better call to make sure, but I believe anything they make to support BlackBerrys will also support the BlackBerry sleep function.

No it does not

~via BB Bold (wap.pinstack.com)~

This is the description for the Curve combo I just purchased:

We've paired our Surface Case and one of our premium leather cases to provide the ultimate carry and protection solution for your Blackberry Curve.

- 1.2mm thin case provides scratch protection without adding much bulk
    - Innocase is designed from a hard, yet flexible material with our popular "rubberized" texture
    - Leather Case maintains Blackberry "sleeper" function
    - Professional leather case with classic black stitching designed especially for our Innocases and Skins
    - Add our ultimate screen guard for total device protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast