I just got this case and am diggin' it so I thought I would share ... Smartphone Reviews forum

Dawgfan no está en línea Stack level 2

Seidio Case (Rubberized Swivel Lock) for 8800 user review

Advertisement

I just got this case and am diggin' it so I thought I would share my thoughts on it.

Seidio's Blackberry 8800 Rubberized Swivel Lock Plastic Holster

My case arrived yesterday and I have been using it constantly. I should start off my saying that I had been using the OEM case here and there but just was not a fan of the looks or the functionality. It was bulky and the entry/exit was cumbersome to me (having to hold back the flap).

The main thing I like about this Seidio case is that it holds my 8800 like a vice grip yet shows off my device as it is not hidden in some generic leather case. Call me a geek but I like the fact that folks can see I have the 8800 on my hip.

The first thing I did was grab some pillows, put the 8800 in the case and start trying to shake and pull it out of the case. Not happening. I even pulled on the 8800 to the point that the case was flexing and it did not pull the 8800 out. Sweet.

I am a fan of the dull rubberized look and the material feels good and "grippy". It seems like it is doing a very good job of gripping the device without the risk of scratching the surface of the 8800.

A few things I noticed that I really liked:

* Very slim when compared to the OEM case or any full case for that matter.
    * You can see the LED with it in the case so you don't have to remove it to see the email or message notification (I often leave my BB on the desk or couch in the case next to me)
    * Several people here have asked about how it handles the "ball" and it seems as though (Seidio may correct me if I am wrong) the case puts the 8800 at an angle where the "ball" will be a bit off of the felt. This also "drives" the top of the 8800 into the clip, most likely providing a more secure grip. There is a divot behind the felt that accounts for the "ball"
    * Felt on the inside of the case is a nice touch to keep the screen from getting scratched.
    * I really like the swivel function and what I have been doing is keeping the 8800 on my belt vertically and if I need the phone I swivel it horizontally as this provides a really easy and safe way to get the 8800 out of and into the case. I have never been a fan of having my phone on my belt horizontally but I really like being able to click it over and pull it right out. The speaker at the top is not covered as there is a cut-out on the clip that accounts for this.
    * Someone may have mentioned this but it does clip quite snugly to whatevery you clip it to. The clip even has a bit of an underhang that seems to provide a bit more grap to a belt or whatever.
    * I almost forgot. Part of this is the 8800 and part of this is the case but with the case and phone being so light, I wore this around on some gym shorts for a while and did not get that "hanging/sagging" feeling.
    * This just crossed my mind but unlike some other cases, if anything is spilled or gets on this case, I am pretty sure you could just wash it off with soap and water.

I am adding a photo from their Seidio's site in case someone just went to the second page of this thread..

I am very happy with this case. Hope this helps anyone who was curious like me a few days ago.

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Seidio Case (Rubberized Swivel Lock) for 8800 user review

Nice review. I'm waiting for the new skin and back cover w/speaker grill!
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

IndoorGK00 no está en línea Stack level 2

I have had my case since Monday and the review is right on! The one thing I like it shows of my sleek new 8800 and it isn't hidden away in that bulky OEM case. For some reason, the sound of that magnetic flap slapping close drove me nuts. You won't go wrong with this case!! I was happy with the similar one I had for my 8700. Also they have one for the pearl as well!

gnab01 no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    23F21180

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)I concur. I had the Seidio case for my 8700 and couldn't wait til the came out with it for the 8800! Super secure and makes for a nice quick-draw when you need your BB.

Sebatical no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan
    The main thing I like about this Seidio case is that it holds my 8800 like a vice grip yet shows off my device as it is not hidden in some generic leather case. Call me a geek but I like the fact that folks can see I have the 8800 on my hip.
    There's someone at my office who always insists on making sure her Blackberry is visible, even if it means tucking in just the part of her shirt over the holster. I've always felt bad for her, yet secretly find it amusing that her device constantly gets scratched because she insists on having it visible for everyone "to envy".

While the Seidio case is not bad looking, it does a horrible job of affording protection to the body of the device, simply because it leaves it exposed.

I can understand being proud of your device, but is this really worth scratches to the back of the device's body? They will inevitably occur over time if left exposed this way.

drjman no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204C49B7

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~if this case is like the 8800 it is a great and solid clip as you describe. Regarding exposure of the back of the devices, I use a Best Skins Ever cover which is also a bit grippy and is unnoticeable until you hold the unit.

The only thing I dislike about the holster is that it has teeth which chewedand shreded my belts so I have to choose which belt I was willing to sacrifice.

ItsaRaid no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    217B8701

can someone include the website address to the seidio case

green no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask

[FONT=Arial]Recently I purchased a holster from Seidio online, I am not happy with it. I have called Sedio numerous times to no avail. All they do is tell me to fill out an RMA form online. That's fine too,except that they never respond to those either. I have filed three of them in the past two weeks. I have also PM'd a Seido rep on another forum and have gotten nothing but a run around. All I want to do is exchange it, its not like im asking for my money back or anything.I have no personal beef with Seidio all I want is for them to treat the customers right and do the right thing.Maybe if they see a small bit of embarrassment reflected on themselves they may step up and at least respond to a simple request instead of just post after post of them selling there goods and acting like they have a perfect product.[/FONT]

seidioseidio no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by green
    [FONT=Arial]Recently I purchased a holster from Seidio online, I am not happy with it. I have called Sedio numerous times to no avail. All they do is tell me to fill out an RMA form online. That's fine too,except that they never respond to those either. I have filed three of them in the past two weeks. I have also PM'd a Seido rep on another forum and have gotten nothing but a run around. All I want to do is exchange it, its not like im asking for my money back or anything.I have no personal beef with Seidio all I want is for them to treat the customers right and do the right thing.Maybe if they see a small bit of embarrassment reflected on themselves they may step up and at least respond to a simple request instead of just post after post of them selling there goods and acting like they have a perfect product.[/FONT]
    PLease call our customer service Manager, Margaret on Monday 832-204-1118. And I will follow up on Monday to make sure this issue resolved immedaitely.

Sorry for the problem. We did drop the ball in this case, we will make it right at the earliest opportunity.

Seidio
    Last edited by seidioseidio; 04-21-2007 at 12:10 AM.