I was a previous user of Seidio's swivel clip only for the 7130e and was ... Smartphone Reviews forum

Danimal no está en línea Stack level 2

Seidio 7130e Skin/Clip Combo review

Advertisement

I was a previous user of Seidio's swivel clip only for the 7130e and was very happy with. I had to give mine to one of my users since he was very abusive to his an ripped the clip off. Thus I decided to wait for the new combo and now I have it. I came in this morning to find it had arrived yesterday while I was off.

The skin is nice. I have only had it on the phone for about 1/2 hr so haven't dropped the phone yet (have never dropped it.) I have had some close calls in the past but I can definately see how this skin with greatly reduce the chance of that happening as it provides a nice solid non-slip surface. It will also add a small amount of cushion to absorb the shock of an inpact from falling. The skin was very easy to get on the BB as I had it out of the package and on the phone in under 30 seconds. At first I didn't even realize that the skin covers up the 3 buttons right below the screen (answer, convenience key, end call (hook) key). Each button has a slightly raised button of material over it so that if you are using the phone without looking at it you will be able to navigate just fine. I really like the feel of this now as it feels secure in my hand. I am 6'4 and this phone used to feel small and insecure in my hand but now I feel like I have a solid grip on it.

As for the clip I was very satisfied with the original clip. Holding the regular clip with the combo clip beside it the only difference I see is that there is no rubber piece on the clasp part that secures the top of the phone. Other than that it appears to have the same great quality construction.

I feel that both the regular and the combo skin/clip are worth the money. It's all a matter of personal preference. If you want something that is going to hold your BB secure, allow easy in and out of the clip then you will not be dissappointed with this product.
    Last edited by Danimal; 10-26-2006 at 02:36 PM.
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome!"

Re: Seidio 7130e Skin/Clip Combo review

I apologize for the error in my ways.

Wow someone is being very nice to me today. Here I was thinking I was going to have a bad day at work and then someone makes my post beautiful! It's truely refreshing to see the generosity of people.

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Great review!

BTW I got the jetblack skin.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Thanks 4 that information, I've had the original seidio clip and love it but had not seen any good pics and information on the skins addition. It's nice to know it compliments the original design. I love mine and will have no other.

FYI the skin will not fit in the original clip. After reviewing the two clips side by side again I do see some subtle differences in the shapes....obviously to allow the skinned BB to fit in it.