I just purchased this handy little device for my new 8830. With this device you ... Smartphone Reviews forum

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

Thumbs up Seidio 2.5 to 3.5 adapter w/mic and Answer button

Advertisement

I just purchased this handy little device for my new 8830. With this device you can use your favorite headphones and still plug it into the "standard" headset port on the pre-8300 models (new Curve has the standard headset size port of 3.5).

This device was pretty seamless. No one has even noticed that I've used it. I love being able to use my favorite ear buds (much too expensive to just ditch for a cheapy set that would work with this phone).

The only odd thing I found was that when I plugged it into the phone it is kinda hard to push in and pull out. That said I surely don't have to worry about it coming unplugged! One other small oddity is that there's only a 3" lead between the mic and where it connects to the phone. So, you do kinda have to put your phone "closer" to your mouth to be sure the mic catchs vocals. I haven't yet attempted to simply talk on it with the phone in my pouch still. I just assumed it wasn't meant to be like a speaker phone mic.

It has a handy call receive button (which also functions to pause music or video you might be listening to even if you're not receiving a call). Nothing unusual about it, it works like expected.

I think we have a weeeeener! Only $15.95 (I think, close anyway). I know other headsets with headphones and all these features together aren't much more than this, but if you're like me you'll like having the comfort and quality of your current standard headphones.

joeperrin212 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    245DA445

Re: Seidio 2.5 to 3.5 adapter w/mic and Answer button

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ very cool. Where did you purchase this from?

PIN/ID
    woodi68

Hmm, how did I forget that minor detail?

The only place I could find it was on Seidio's own website: http://www.seidioonline.com/index.asp

Thanks for asking!

EDIT: http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=517
    Last edited by woodi68; 06-10-2007 at 01:35 AM.

gruv15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2404AE69

SEIDIO rocks! Their products are fantastic. Everything that i have purchased from them has been awesome. I highly recommend them.
    Gruv15
    "Somethings wrong with my phone!!!"
    "Of course there is, it's not a BlackBerry!!!"

evilcaptain no está en línea Stack level 3

I don't want to knock Seido but I was looking for alternatives since I was did not think the price was fair. I found one on Ebay for about half the price that is similar and it works just as fine.

anfrey no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    A5KME41T

Quote Originally Posted by evilcaptain
    I don't want to knock Seido but I was looking for alternatives since I was did not think the price was fair. I found one on Ebay for about half the price that is similar and it works just as fine.
    they have a $10 version that does not include the mic and answer button

zoz
    zoz no está en línea Stack level 1

I have purchased the same unit, I have both the Seidio converter to 2.5 to 3.5 mm for the 8830 and I have the same one with the answer button. To be quite frank, at this point, I am not able to recommend any of them.

If I put the piece into the phone, the Voice Command becomes active. If I move it a little bit, the Voice Command comes on again. It is very touchy.

I tried to contact Seidio to resolve this issue, they offered to send me another one. It has been weeks and 3 emails, and I haven't gotten the product, nor have I gotten a date on when to expect it.

I'm not sure where the problem is... perhaps my piece is bad... or perhaps the unit doesn't work, but this just blew about $30 and got me nowhere. I suppose I will just try the BT8010 and use the Bluetooth headphone now..

Will let you know how that works also!

seidioseidio no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by zoz View Post
    I have purchased the same unit, I have both the Seidio converter to 2.5 to 3.5 mm for the 8830 and I have the same one with the answer button. To be quite frank, at this point, I am not able to recommend any of them.

If I put the piece into the phone, the Voice Command becomes active. If I move it a little bit, the Voice Command comes on again. It is very touchy.

I tried to contact Seidio to resolve this issue, they offered to send me another one. It has been weeks and 3 emails, and I haven't gotten the product, nor have I gotten a date on when to expect it.

I'm not sure where the problem is... perhaps my piece is bad... or perhaps the unit doesn't work, but this just blew about $30 and got me nowhere. I suppose I will just try the BT8010 and use the Bluetooth headphone now..

Will let you know how that works also!
    Zoz,

I apologize for the issues you've had with your adapter. I'm not sure why you haven't recieved a response, but if you can email me your information at forum@seidio.com I'll make sure you're taken care of.

Thanks,

zoz

I will definitely do that! Thanks for the assistance, and I hope it works out.. I will keep you posted.

zoz

So far, Seidio has responded, and offered to send me a replacement! Will update on how well it works.

PIN/ID
    woodi68

Well, here's an update from me!

I had my first unit for three weeks. After two weeks I noticed that the wires going into the call button section of the adapter started to pull out and was very sensitive to movement. Thinking that perhaps it was something I had done, I ordered another adapter. Two weeks later, same issue. Crackling everytime I moved. So I emailed support and they sent me a third adapter for free. Two weeks later, same issue. So I dumped it.

I did email Seidio again about this, but after sending three separate emails they've refused to reply. Hmmmm... strange, eh?

I ended up buying yet another adapter from them, but this time it was the one without the call button. It works great, but I miss the call button and mic. Sure wish it wasn't crap construction.

Quote Originally Posted by woodi68 View Post
    Well, here's an update from me!

I had my first unit for three weeks. After two weeks I noticed that the wires going into the call button section of the adapter started to pull out and was very sensitive to movement. Thinking that perhaps it was something I had done, I ordered another adapter. Two weeks later, same issue. Crackling everytime I moved. So I emailed support and they sent me a third adapter for free. Two weeks later, same issue. So I dumped it.

I did email Seidio again about this, but after sending three separate emails they've refused to reply. Hmmmm... strange, eh?

I ended up buying yet another adapter from them, but this time it was the one without the call button. It works great, but I miss the call button and mic. Sure wish it wasn't crap construction.
    I apologize for the issues you had with the adapter and even more about the lack of follow up. I will get with our customer service management and make sure they look into this. Please send your contact info to forum@seidio.com. I'd like to see if one of our engineers can contact you and troubleshoot this.

Thanks

5angels no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241c528b

Sounds great...but I just to double check, will this work with the 8320 curve?

Quote Originally Posted by 5angels View Post
    Sounds great...but I just to double check, will this work with the 8320 curve?
    This adapter has a 2.5mm male plug. The Curve comes with 3.5mm. If you're trying to convert that plug to a smaller 2.5mm headset you'll need this.

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=808

If not, please let me know what you're trying to do and I'll point you in the right direction.

Thanks