Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

That and being able to open up the wav file of the VM and play ... Smartphone Reviews forum

PIN/ID
    LESS

Advertisement

That and being able to open up the wav file of the VM and play it without actually callin is superb

E3BK no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    JUST ASK
    Is there a way to import your contacts? There are just waaay too many right now. I just signed up and went through the process and i guess you could actually use GrandCentral in the same way, no?

I also saw someone's comment about using up your minutes to check YM, but regular VM does the same thing unless you have unlimited M2M I guess. I do like the 3 options to check VM though.

Though, if you choose to get text notifications, it uses your txt msg allocation, unless you have unlimited, right? I'm going to give it a try for a few days and see how I like it. I guess it's just a matter of getting used to it =p.
    Last edited by E3BK; 06-17-2008 at 02:53 AM.

jsaradhi no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by E3BK View Post
    I just signed up and went through the process and i guess you could actually use GrandCentral in the same way, no?

I also saw someone's comment about using up your minutes to check YM, but regular VM does the same thing unless you have unlimited M2M I guess. I do like the 3 options to check VM though.

Though, if you choose to get text notifications, it uses your txt msg allocation, unless you have unlimited, right? I'm going to give it a try for a few days and see how I like it. I guess it's just a matter of getting used to it =p.
    right, right and right!

not sure about the contacts...but wud be nice if u can just import them!

for me, the smart greeting that automatically is supposed to use ur name, doesn't seem to work...it says the youmail user number 123456789 is not available...i tried to fix it on the web site and there it actually has my name and everything in the greeting...kinda weird...any ideas?
    Last edited by jsaradhi; 06-18-2008 at 11:51 AM.

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by jsaradhi View Post
    right, right and right!

not sure about the contacts...but wud be nice if u can just import them!
    They are working on getting import contacts as a feature.

Hopefully sooner than later .
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

PIN/ID
    JUST ASK
    I've been using for a few days. I think I like having the VM icon on my phone. Sometimes I get super busy when I'm working on location and if the little VM icon isn't there, I forget to check it. I'm going to give a few more days, but I think I'm going back.

if there was an app for it like the Facebook app that you can just launch, that would be really awesome. I don't like always having to launch my browser when I'm busy running around. It doesn't remember my login and I have to enter my # and PIN everytime.

The transcription doesn't work very well either. Though, i do find what it send funny. A friend left a message saying "Yo, It's OP. Give me a call." But the transcript was "You know it also think even call." Hilarious.
    Last edited by E3BK; 06-21-2008 at 05:18 PM.

infernox no está en línea Stack level 3
    I've been using for a few days. I think I like having the VM icon on my phone. Sometimes I get super busy when I'm working on location and if the little VM icon isn't there, I forget to check it. I'm going to give a few more days, but I think I'm going back.

if there was an app for it like the Facebook app that you can just launch, that would be really awesome. I don't like always having to launch my browser when I'm busy running around. It doesn't remember my login and I have to enter my # and PIN everytime.

The transcription doesn't work very well either. Though, i do find what it send funny. A friend left a message saying "Yo, It's OP. Give me a call." But the transcript was "You know it also think even call." Hilarious.
    See post #76. I was feeling the same way but after I activated MWI, it works great and gives me back my VM icon.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...t=68284&page=6
    9000 Bold / v4.6.0.297 / at&t

PIN/ID
    JUST ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by infernox View Post
    See post #76. I was feeling the same way but after I activated MWI, it works great and gives me back my VM icon.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...t=68284&page=6
    Thanks for that heads up. I read the post and logged in to turn MWI on, but it's not there. Did YouMail change this recently?

infernox no está en línea Stack level 3
    It's still there. Go to My Account > My Alerts > then click on MWI - uses the 'message waiting indicator' on your phone
    9000 Bold / v4.6.0.297 / at&t

PIN/ID
    JUST ASK
    That option is missing for me, unless I am completely blind. Here's a screenshot.
    Attached Images Attached Images

kac00 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I had the same issue... go to "my account" / "my phones"/ "verify text messages" or something like that. The MWI option didn't appear till I did the verification.

PIN/ID
    JUST ASK
    I wrote to them over the weekend and got a response back today. I just needed to confirm my phone # I guess. I thought I had already done that. Anywhooo...all good with the MWI. Now I LOVE YouMail!

PIN/ID
    N/A
    Hmm thats weird. I confirmed mine through texts and I don't get the alert icon where the message waiting icon should be. How did you accomplish this?

PIN/ID
    JUST ASK
    There's another level of "confirmation" that I totally missed.

My Accounts > My Phone > under the pic of your phone, it should say that you haven't confirmed. Follow the steps. Then enter the code you get via txt.

Now go to My Alerts and MWI option should be there. I have mine set to MWI and email alerts.

PIN/ID
    N/A
    There's another level of "confirmation" that I totally missed.

My Accounts > My Phone > under the pic of your phone, it should say that you haven't confirmed. Follow the steps. Then enter the code you get via txt.

Now go to My Alerts and MWI option should be there. I have mine set to MWI and email alerts.
    Mine says:

"You have confirmed you can receive TXT messages at this number."

But still no MWI option.

PIN/ID
    JUST ASK
    *shrug*

Log out and log back in?

I'm new to YouMail also and clearly, from my own troubles, I'mnot the best person to help you. lol. You should email the Cust. Svc. They got back to me in 1 business day.
    Last edited by E3BK; 06-24-2008 at 08:55 PM.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast