Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ For those that were missing your "voice mail icon" youmail now has ... Smartphone Reviews forum

offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

For those that were missing your "voice mail icon" youmail now has an option to trigger "MWI" or message waiting indicator, I use this and it works when I miss a call my bb tells me 1 missed call and have new voicemail.

Also, I find its easier to send to yourself not as email but as mms. Blackberries will play mp3 and wav in mms but only wav in email.also with MMS you get a convenient "play" button so you skip having to dl attachment etc etc. Now if we could only convince the folks at youmail to send short messages along with the voicemail attachment (instead of the long ones with transcriptions and copyrights and tips and and...) we'd be in business.

BTW cmon guys forwarding is not that hard to understand. You have "Forward All Calls" and "Forward Unanswered Calls"

Forward all calls makes a different phone ring when someone calls your number, you will not be using this for youmail.an example of this is: when my battery is reeeaally low and I just KNOW my bb is gonna die I forward all calls to my gfs phone if she's around. This way her phone rings instead of mine.

Forward unanswered gives you 3 options, these basically come down to phone off,phone busy,phone just rings and rings. By default in all these situations what happens? The caller gets sent to vmail correct?

When MOST people dial vmail they dial their own number, which triggers a busy signal which by default sends the call to the real voicemail number. With Youmail the only thing you are doing is changing the voicemail number.

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Thanks for the heads up on the indicator offthahorseceo .
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

PIN/ID
    N/A
    offthehorseceo

I can't seem to find where the voicemail indicator option is in my youmail account. Would you be able to tell me how to find it?

VETT98 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    friends
    good app
    Last edited by VETT98; 06-04-2008 at 10:56 AM.
    Mike

PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky13mt View Post
    offthehorseceo

I can't seem to find where the voicemail indicator option is in my youmail account. Would you be able to tell me how to find it?
    Sure.
    After signing in, look to the top right of the page and click "My Account"
    Next choose "Phone Settings" from the list on the left

Choose "MWI". This kinda throws you off because it still mentions a txt message. It does NOT send a text message. Hmmm, I just noticed my description says "MWI - your phone will receive a text message that shows the count on your phone just like AT&T-Cingular standard voicemail."

iirc you're on T-MO. Maybe this isn't available to you. Check it out and let us know. Hope it works for you

To tell you the truth though, I find the MWI's pointless, I already get the transcription in an SMS. Now I also have the vmail mp3 sent via MMS. Since these of course won't mark vmail read I find I have to call in and listen to clear the MWI. If you're someone who calls vmail anyways this might be cool but I'm considering changin it to "none"

jsaradhi no está en línea Stack level 3
    i got this error when i signed up and went thru all the steps and configured my phone and all...
    "Due to high demand, the YouMail Mobile BETA is currently suspended."

PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by jsaradhi View Post
    i got this error when i signed up and went thru all the steps and configured my phone and all...
    "Due to high demand, the YouMail Mobile BETA is currently suspended."
    I just went to it and it works fine.

But I've had YouMail for a while now. Did you just sign up?
    Last edited by lucky13mt; 06-05-2008 at 05:01 PM.

jsaradhi no está en línea Stack level 3
    well...it seems to be working just fine! i tried leaving a voicemail for myself and i got an email just fine...and it shows up in my account too...so i guess its working...but it still says that when i log in though...

PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by jsaradhi View Post
    well...it seems to be working just fine! i tried leaving a voicemail for myself and i got an email just fine...and it shows up in my account too...so i guess its working...but it still says that when i log in though...
    That's weird. Well I'm glad it's working for you though.

PIN/ID
    LESS
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yeah mine works great but I cannot get it to play via the mobile version when you go through the BB Browser

kyleresq no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yes, I have TMOBILE too and that setting doesn't seem to be available. Hopefully they are working on it!
    Quote Originally Posted by offthahorseceo View Post
    Sure.
    After signing in, look to the top right of the page and click "My Account"
    Next choose "Phone Settings" from the list on the left

Choose "MWI". This kinda throws you off because it still mentions a txt message. It does NOT send a text message. Hmmm, I just noticed my description says "MWI - your phone will receive a text message that shows the count on your phone just like AT&T-Cingular standard voicemail."

iirc you're on T-MO. Maybe this isn't available to you. Check it out and let us know. Hope it works for you

To tell you the truth though, I find the MWI's pointless, I already get the transcription in an SMS. Now I also have the vmail mp3 sent via MMS. Since these of course won't mark vmail read I find I have to call in and listen to clear the MWI. If you're someone who calls vmail anyways this might be cool but I'm considering changin it to "none"

PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    i think they are talking about the feature listed on the front page. the logging in from your phone/visual voicemail part.

For anyone who is using the new "YouMail Mobile" by accessing from your phone's browser, 2 questions. One, is there any way to bookmark a page to the actual blackberry home page (the one that is there when you aren't online, with all of your icons?) Two, the email I got re: the YouMail Mobile says that the transcriptions will be available via the mobile site. I called and left myself a VM (lame, I know) and the call is there, I can "click to play" the message. but no transcription. Any ideas?

PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    Quote Originally Posted by kyleresq View Post
    For anyone who is using the new "YouMail Mobile" by accessing from your phone's browser, 2 questions. One, is there any way to bookmark a page to the actual blackberry home page (the one that is there when you aren't online, with all of your icons?) Two, the email I got re: the YouMail Mobile says that the transcriptions will be available via the mobile site. I called and left myself a VM (lame, I know) and the call is there, I can "click to play" the message. but no transcription. Any ideas?
    i had just come back to post that playback works now!!! its pretty cool shows the little bb media player play and stop buttons.

as for bookmarking search around theres an app somewhere here for that
    trancsriptions:
    try going to youmail.com from your pc and setting up transcription

I do have transcriptions set up. They come to me via text. But I thought they were supposed to show up on the page via the mobile app. Also, my time is 3 hours off, even though my YouMail account online is set to Eastern...

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast