Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

YouMail : ))) Cell Phone Voicemail You Love More Fun. More Features. Voicemail online and ... Smartphone Reviews forum

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A

Thumbs up Review: YouMail :)))

Advertisement

YouMail : )))

Cell Phone Voicemail You Love More Fun. More Features.

I just set myself up with this and I just want to say this is definitely 5/5 stars worthy.

This service is free and compatible with most service providers.

You can easily check and listen to your voice mail with an online "in box." It even has a "trash" box in case you delete something by accident.

Tired of those unknown or blocked callers? With this you can have your voice mail let them know "This caller does not accept calls from blocked numbers, please unblock your number and try again," and then it will hang up on them before they can leave a message.

This system has "smart greetings" which address your caller by name like this "Hello John, lucky13mt isn't available right now. Please leave a message."

You can even make personal greetings for each and every contact in your phone book!!!

Have an annoying ex? You can select/make a greeting saying "This number is no longer in service" so they think you changed it!

YouMail also has premium greetings done by celebrity impersonators...some are really funny!

The premium greetings start off at $2 a month for any one greeting set to any contact. For more info on the other plans visit the website.

YouMail also walks you through EVERYTHING you have to do and know when it comes to setting up your phone with this new voice mail service with tutorials and pictures. Its really user friendly.

Get SMS or email notice of new voice mails with the info and phone number of the person that called!

You can easily change back to your normal voice mail if you don't like it, they even help with that too!

Don't forget...FREE OF CHARGE SERVICE!!!

Once again...definitely a 5/5 for me and I highly recommend it to EVERYONE.

Enjoy!

YouMail Mobile Beta available on your mobile phone by pointing your mobile browser to http://m.youmail.com

Funny YouMail Videos:

Introduction
    "Greetings"
    "Ditchmail"
    "Yadda Yadda"

YouMail FAQ:

How does YouMail work?
    Is YouMail really free?
    Is YouMail easy to use?
    Why should I switch to YouMail?
    YouMail can't be this great!
    Can I get messages by phone?
    Anything else I should know?
    What's DitchMail?
    What if I don't like YouMail?

http://www.youmail.com
    Last edited by lucky13mt; 06-09-2008 at 05:15 PM.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3
    I believe Hyden had posted this awhile back...I tried it, but did not like the fact that I had to forward my number...I am chicken when it comes to that. When I got to that setup part I opt out!! Glad you like it!
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou

PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by butterfly2 View Post
    I believe Hyden had posted this awhile back...I tried it, but did not like the fact that I had to forward my number...I am chicken when it comes to that. When I got to that setup part I opt out!! Glad you like it!
    you dont have to forward your number...you might be thinking of a different service.

this one walks you through setting it up so calls you reject or miss are sent right to it without having to set up forwarding.

if you think about it...forwarding is how rejected or missed calls get sent to your normal voice mail anyway.

fsantiago36 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249E3B0A
    Ihave this setup for the last 2 years almost and is definately a product to have.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    N/A
    oh yeah...and i did a search and i didnt see any posts regarding youmail by hayden...

coldconfessi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Yup he is right all it does is redirect you to new voicemail. I just set this up and looking for a custom voicemail notice right now
    http://www.horizonwirelessonline.com
    Unlock Codes, Parts, Repair just tell them Albert sent ya

PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by coldconfessi View Post
    Yup he is right all it does is redirect you to new voicemail. I just set this up and looking for a custom voicemail notice right now
    i had a few laughs with some of the funny celebrity impersonator ones that are meant for blocked numbers or solicitors
    Last edited by lucky13mt; 03-30-2008 at 12:15 PM.

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3
    U do have to forward your phone # here is the link showing you what to do so caller hear the Youmail greetings...I have a hard enough time setting up callertunes with TMO...so to deal with another third party greetings would drive me batty....and like I said before I am not knocking the app or your review just that I tried it and I don't like it certain aspect of it...and I am happy that others do!! In order to view link below you have to be signed into YouMail....

http://www.youmail.com/youmail/help/...er/myPhones.do
    Last edited by butterfly2; 04-02-2008 at 10:33 PM.
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou

PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by butterfly2 View Post
    U do have to forward your phone # here is the link showing you what to do so caller hear the Youmail greetings...I have a hard enough time setting up callertunes with TMO...so to deal with another third party greetings would drive me batty....and like I said before I am not knocking the app or your review just that I tried it and I don't like it certain aspect of it...and I am happy that others do!!

http://www.youmail.com/youmail/help/...er/myPhones.do

i know that it "forwards" or "redirects"...however you want to say it. if you go into your call forwarding settings you will see that it has your normal voice mail service center as a number to forward rejected or missed calls.

it works the same way with YouMail.

and i know you aren't knocking it

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky13mt View Post
    oh yeah...and i did a search and i didnt see any posts regarding youmail by hayden...
    Yup it was in January of this year. And you do forward yr # - but your phone still rings like normal which is why they probably say redirect.

I love love love youmail. The best part when compared to its competitors is that you can upload your own mp3 - so I superimposed a voice note greeting asking for clr to leave a vm msg onto the chorus of my friends favorite songs - being able to go to the website and check my vm without having to dial in is a plus too- it will rock even more when they give blackberries flash-player lite or something so we can use the BB browser to play the vm.

PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by mcm180 View Post
    Yup it was in January of this year. And you do forward yr # - but your phone still rings like normal which is why they probably say redirect.

I love love love youmail. The best part when compared to its competitors is that you can upload your own mp3 - so I superimposed a voice note greeting asking for clr to leave a vm msg onto the chorus of my friends favorite songs - being able to go to the website and check my vm without having to dial in is a plus too- it will rock even more when they give blackberries flash-player lite or something so we can use the BB browser to play the vm.
    i did an advanced search with the keywords "youmail" and "you mail" for posts and threads done by "hayden" and still nothing was it removed?

PIN/ID
    N/A
    you dont forward your number...lol

if you forwarded your number where would the call go to? it cant be sent to you again...

the call goes to your phone because your number was dialed...and once it is missed, rejected, or automatically forwarded it then gets forwarded, directed, or redirected to your voice mail number. nothing gets forwarded to your phone and nothing is forwarded to your phone.

your voice mail number is not your phone number lol.

what YouMail does is change the forwarding number of your voice mail number to the YouMail voice mail number...

which can easily be reversed if you don't like YouMail
    Last edited by lucky13mt; 03-30-2008 at 02:23 PM.

PIN/ID
    N/A
    think of it this way.

my service is Tmo (A) and YouMail will be (B).

Originally your rejected/missed calls would be forwarded to A because that is the default voice mail service center for Tmobile, obviously.

When setting up with YouMail the A number is replaced by the B number.

So instead of rejected/missed calls getting forwarded to A they now get forwarded to B.

Your phone number is never forwarded...it is used as an identifier so the voice mail service center knows who this voice mail is for in order to place the message in the appropriate voice mail.

Its done with the default service center same way as it is done with YouMail.
    Last edited by lucky13mt; 03-30-2008 at 02:23 PM.

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180
    who are you arguing with ? heheheheheh ... thanks for explaining and you are totally correct in alllllllll the information you've provided.

and I ain't crazy.. i know it was posted around february 10th or 11th ... right along with the two other posts for Simulscribe and Grand Central in the 3rd party apps thread .. i know cuz that very same day i went and joined YOUMAIL .

thnx .. for all the info ... and now even though you've been quite aggressive i'm going to give you some trust points. mission accomplished . hahahahha

PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by mcm180 View Post
    who are you arguing with ? heheheheheh ... thanks for explaining and you are totally correct in alllllllll the information you've provided.

and I ain't crazy.. i know it was posted around february 10th or 11th ... right along with the two other posts for Simulscribe and Grand Central in the 3rd party apps thread .. i know cuz that very same day i went and joined YOUMAIL .

thnx .. for all the info ... and now even though you've been quite aggressive i'm going to give you some trust points. mission accomplished . hahahahha
    LOL well thank you. i wasnt being aggressive lol and if it seemed like i was i apologize.

arguing maybe(i tend to do that a lot with people that have opposing views no matter how minor it is)...aggressive...not so much lol. more like trying to figure out how to explain what im trying to say without causing confusion.

but in any case thanks for all your input that goes to the others that posted in this thread also
    Last edited by lucky13mt; 03-30-2008 at 01:53 PM.

Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast