Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Originally Posted by lauren25 How would you compare this with Weather Eye? Do people perfer ... Smartphone Reviews forum

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by lauren25 View Post
    How would you compare this with Weather Eye?
    Do people perfer one over the other?
    I couldn't give a fair comparison because weather eye does not work for me maybe someone can give you more input. You can try going here and see if comparing the two gives you an answer.

wahtx no está en línea Stack level 2
    I definitely prefer this app over weather eye...thank you cowboy!!
    WAHTX

“If GM had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25 cars that got 1000 MPG!"

~Bill Gates~

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Without the "follow me" feature, they're pretty much the same with the exception of being able to add multiple locations in WeatherBug.

dts51 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask ;-)
    I love this app, have been using for a while. Good review MC!
    "May fortune favor the foolish" ...... Captain James T. Kirk

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Thanks to everyone for your comments and feedback.

dboggny no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pegb856 View Post
    Over quite a few months period the developer for this program worked really hard with fixes and program enhancements. If you haven't tried it recently I suggest you try it again. Eddie has all the bugs fixed, at least for my device. Just remember, any upgrades, WBDirect or BB device upgrades requires a fresh install for it to work properly, that's the only bug I am aware of. I'm always tinkering, upgrading my device, but my son has been running this app on his 8330 since Sept with not one issue with it. He uses the "Follow Me" location feature in the program and it works great.

Of course as with everything, it's all a matter of personal taste when it comes to what works best for you.
    Thanks for your comments and encouragement. After updating to 4.5 for vzw, I did a fresh reload of WB direct. In fact, this was just a few weeks ago. The version number was the .9.6.6 version of WB. As I said, at that time, there seemed to be issues.
    1. alerts would not come over in a timely manner even though I had it set for 5 min intervals. Sometimes the alert would be out an hour before the bug turned red.
    2. The extensions would not update unless I went into the WB controls and forced it to refresh. the AQI, and WB storm especially would not update. There were several Tropical storms and hurricaines in the Atlantic in Late October yet the storm icon would only update if I forced it to from the controls.

These were the two biggest issues I found with it.
    Yes, they were clean installs.
    Yes, it was the most update version as the version of WB Direct that I can find hasn't changed since last installed hasn't changed. If it has, please point me to it. The .9.6.6 version has been out for a while now and I ran it on 4.3 and 4.5.
    For some reason, the program isn't working on my berry, yet it worked fairly well with 4.3. Fact is, the accuweather email alerts for severe weather work better. I wish the WB direct worked, I used the program for several months and thought it was the best thing since sliced bread.

pegb856 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    A Colata
    Now that you mention it, I do recall the Storm tracker icon hanging for me also around that time (I had forgotten about this, possibly a temporary web glitch?). I don't recall if it started working before I uninstalled that icon or not, but since we were near the end of the season I removed the storm tracker. The rest of the app has worked fine and the hurricane tracker worked fine before that.

For what it's worth I run 4.5 on my Sprint 8330.

I'm sorry to hear you had so many issues with it.
    As Always...

Happy Berrying!!

cbresciani no está en línea Stack level 2
    I really like this app. It works great on my 8330 I've had it for quite a while and have had no problems, even after my OS upgrade to 4.5.0.77 I don't have the follow me option... stinkin Verizon!!

InfinityPlayer no está en línea Stack level 3

Excellent App

I have to agree with everyone, your review was excellent.

I've had this app for i don't know how long, and it's working fine, except the 'follow me' feature which i would like to have, but i'm not complaining.

I like the icon it put on my homescreen, and automatically designated it as the prime icon, which is perfectly ok with me.

I've had no problems with it. In fact, it just told me about a wind advisory, which i think is another excellent feature, especially for a free program.

The only downside to the desktop version is, if you opt for the 'free' version, you have to either watch numerous ads come up, or you can attempt to get it for free by going to their page of items you can click on to get it.
    Define irony: A bunch of idiots dancing on a plane to a song that was sung by a band that got killed on a plane. - By a man who is in a movie about those very idiots dancing on the plane he was on.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by InfinityPlayer View Post
    I have to agree with everyone, your review was excellent.

I've had this app for i don't know how long, and it's working fine, except the 'follow me' feature which i would like to have, but i'm not complaining.

I like the icon it put on my homescreen, and automatically designated it as the prime icon, which is perfectly ok with me.

I've had no problems with it. In fact, it just told me about a wind advisory, which i think is another excellent feature, especially for a free program.

The only downside to the desktop version is, if you opt for the 'free' version, you have to either watch numerous ads come up, or you can attempt to get it for free by going to their page of items you can click on to get it.
    Thanks I love this app and the alerts are the best. I have had the wind one all day myself...

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    Cowboy, I've got to say that you're one of the most prolific and positive contributors to the Stacks that I've seen in a while. Kudos to you my friend, and keep up the excellent work

Boaterguy no está en línea Stack level 2
    Nice app. It seems to work quite well. I have a few options for Stations to get info from because I am in Houston. This will be real useful when I have to travel.

-BG

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by Boaterguy View Post
    Nice app. It seems to work quite well. I have a few options for Stations to get info from because I am in Houston. This will be real useful when I have to travel.

-BG
    Don't know if you caught it but you can save locations to favorites so if you travel to the same place often this is a good option to have.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123