Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I installed this just yesterday and I have to say I'm a bit disappointed. People ... Smartphone Reviews forum

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Advertisement

I installed this just yesterday and I have to say I'm a bit disappointed. People are talking about the "Follow Me" feature, but I can't for the life of me find it. Also, while the Wunderground website lists a station within 2 miles of my home, this app can't find it so the closest I can get is 25 miles.

It's nice, it's polished, but it just doesn't really work. Also, the alerts don't seem to be doing anything.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

pegb856 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    A Colata
    Quote Originally Posted by mjwood0 View Post
    I installed this just yesterday and I have to say I'm a bit disappointed. People are talking about the "Follow Me" feature, but I can't for the life of me find it. Also, while the Wunderground website lists a station within 2 miles of my home, this app can't find it so the closest I can get is 25 miles.

It's nice, it's polished, but it just doesn't really work. Also, the alerts don't seem to be doing anything.
    The follow me feature is using GPS so in the app settings "Change my location" then tell it to use GPS. I have multiple locations in my area however you may be an unfortunate one that does not have a weather station close. As always you have to use what works best for you. This app is great for those of us who can benefit from it's functions.
    As Always...

Happy Berrying!!

ccostel no está en línea Stack level 3
    Nice review. I have it working on my bold now. They don't have an OS 4.6 version so I used the 4.5 version. It was sluggish after the reboot, but is fine after a battery pull.

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    I like the program, easy to use and fast...
    -Josh

mouseman225 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Pegb856, where is this "follow me?" I can change how often it updates my location, is that what you're talking about? thanks.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Quote Originally Posted by pegb856 View Post
    The follow me feature is using GPS so in the app settings "Change my location" then tell it to use GPS. I have multiple locations in my area however you may be an unfortunate one that does not have a weather station close. As always you have to use what works best for you. This app is great for those of us who can benefit from it's functions.
    There is no option on my Curve 8310 for GPS. Guess it doesn't work with this version of the curve. Odd. Google maps and other third party apps seem to work just fine!
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by zantopad View Post
    I loved this app on my curve, unfortunately it just looks ugly on the flip... It seems to function fine, but its about impossible to read the temp etc on the icon... But I think this is a flipberry/4.6 OS issue... Amazing app nonetheless, but weathereye is sufficient for me now, and also is very fast and responsive on the flip! Good review btw!
    I know they have something out for the Storm maybe there is something in the works for the flip. I wish weathereye worked for me I have heard nothing but good reviews for it. Maybe they will add more locations and I will get a chance to check it out.

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    I love it!!! Looks crisp and smooth on the Storm. Thx!

PIN/ID
    A Colata
    Quote Originally Posted by mjwood0 View Post
    There is no option on my Curve 8310 for GPS. Guess it doesn't work with this version of the curve. Odd. Google maps and other third party apps seem to work just fine!
    Mine has 3 options when I click on "change location" :

Search
    Favorites
    Follow Me

Follow me is the choice in this case. Also check your version of the app. you will find it in "About", my version is 0.9.6.6.
    As Always...

Happy Berrying!!

PIN/ID
    A Colata
    Quote Originally Posted by mouseman225 View Post
    Pegb856, where is this "follow me?" I can change how often it updates my location, is that what you're talking about? thanks.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Go into your BB Options menu, bottom of 1st page is your Weatherbug setup program. Open it, 1st page showing location, click menu button and the change location option should be near the top of the list.
    As Always...

Happy Berrying!!

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by pegb856 View Post
    Go into your BB Options menu, bottom of 1st page is your Weatherbug setup program. Open it, 1st page showing location, click menu button and the change location option should be near the top of the list.
    It appears this feature my be carrier specific because I just checked after reading and it is not offered on my Curve. Thanks for sharing so those who can us it will know where and how to find it.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Yeah, I don't find the follow me option on my 8310 either.

Nice review, though, Randy!

PIN/ID
    A Colata
    That Bites for those of you whom the follow me feature won't work for.

The app is still a great service, even with manual location management.
    Last edited by pegb856; 12-02-2008 at 01:01 PM.
    As Always...

Happy Berrying!!

tcfila no está en línea Stack level 2
    Has anyone who installed this on the Bold been able to move it out of the download folder?

I'd like to put it on my home screen, but I can't move it.

lauren25 no está en línea Stack level 5
    How would you compare this with Weather Eye?
    Do people perfer one over the other?
    ~Lauren

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast