Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Verdict : Vlingo is the premier Must-Have Software Pros : Accurate recognition of long messages, ... Smartphone Reviews forum

apmartin no está en línea Device Pro

Review: Vlingo 1.1 Limited Beta for Blackberry

Advertisement

Verdict: Vlingo is the premier Must-Have Software
    Pros: Accurate recognition of long messages, Automatic Voice dialing, Recognition of user's voice over background noise, Quick and easy setup, intelligent Voice Recognition System
    Cons: Initially, user has to enunciate emphatically,
    URL: www.vlingo.com (Non-Beta download)
    Price: Free
    Overall Rating: 5 out of 5

To start with, the download was limited to 200 people and is no longer available. Don't panic though, Vlingo has confirmed that this beta will be widely available for download in the near future. For those who did not get a chance to download Vlingo 1.1, you can still download Vlingo 1.0. With this being said, Vlingo is an amazing voice recognition software.

Highlights
    • Intelligent Voice Recognition System - Vlingo learns the voice of the user over time. This increases ease of use and improves accuracy of message translation
    • Compose Messages - Compose text messages, e-mails, even tasks and memos.
    • Reply & Forward Messages - Great addition to Vlingo. This feature makes the application feel more complete.
    • Voice Dialing - The most accurate to date
    • Perform Internet Searches - Google & Yahoo searches can be performed
    • Open Applications on your Device - Address Book, Calendar, Browser, and Messages can be opened using Vlingo
    I must admit that I was very skeptical about using this because of awful experiences with similar applications from different phones. But with Vlingo, that's not the case. The intelligence of this program is highly impressive. However, in the initial use, the application requires emphatic enunciation. On the plus side, if the software did not translate the message flawlessly, it would show a list of alternatives which would have the correct translation. If this sounds discouraging, do not write-off this product yet. After continued use, Vlingo will learn the voice of the user,improving the functionality and accuracy of the program. This increases the ease and joy of using Vlingo.

Vlingo makes it easy to compose text messages, e-mails, tasks, memos and notes. Users even have the ability to open certain applictions such as, Browser, Calendar, Address Book and Messages from their devices. Some additional features of the new beta software are the ability to reply and forward messages. I found these features very useful. It is one thing to be able to compose a message by voice, but having the ability to reply and forward a message by voice is incredibly useful.

In conclusion, Vlingo is a must-have application. When it becomes available, downloading it should be at the top of your to do list.
    Last edited by apmartin; 08-12-2008 at 04:56 PM.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Thanks, Andre. Good recommendation.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~just downloaded it, thanks.

mister_p no está en línea Stack level 2
    what's the OTA

nevermind i found it

the one i found is the 1.01.12576 but your posting that their is a 1.1 version? How to i get the updated version

apmartin no está en línea Device Pro
    This beta had a limited download of 200 people. Unfortunately, it is no longer available. Version 1.0 is still available as you mentioned. I recommend downloading that version since 1.1 is unavailable

fuentes01a no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3188C681
    downloaded 1.1 so far flawless.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by mister_p View Post
    the one i found is the 1.01.12576 but your posting that their is a 1.1 version? How to i get the updated version
    See this post:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...1&postcount=30

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Thanks for the review.....I downloaded it and am giving this another try. Last time I tried this I got frustrated quickly with some voice recognition mix-ups, but I am encouraged to give it another shot. I'll give it more time to get used to me this time around..........and maybe slow down a bit while I talk
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

riprat no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    319360F9
    1.1 is workin great for me also.

JoeyStyles no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2448ED5B
    1.1 is awesome, I don't have to cut off my Wifi any more to use it, I just wish that it could use bluetooth with this app

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jayjay7411 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3189BF5E
    1.1 is freaking amazing!!!

active_user no está en línea Stack level 2
    Downloaded the 1.0.1 version, it doesn't work for me,it kept telling me "request timeout" ,tried changing the connection type and port but nothing happened, can someone help me...cos this app is a pretty cool app and sure will come in handy! Thx
    via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Great review!
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast