Verdict: Great Open Face Case. Pros: Very sturdy screen protector and back. The keys are ... Smartphone Reviews forum

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Post Review: Vaja Classic RIO52 Open Face Case for BB 8700

Advertisement

Verdict: Great Open Face Case.
    Pros: Very sturdy screen protector and back. The keys are not covered and easy to use. Mesh covered openings over the speakers to make sounds heard.
    Cons: There is not a cutout on the sides for either button. You will not be able to easily use the buttons until the case is broken in. It can be a fight to get the case in and out, but you don't have to worry about the BB falling out.
    Price: Starts at $60.00
    URL: http://www.vajacases.com/
    Overall Rating: 4 of 5 stars

Let me start by saying I am not a fan of open face cases now that I have used a flip case. If you like open face cases then you will love this case.

The case is made well, and very sturdy. This is important as the fit is very very tight. I had to fight to get my BB in and out of the case. This means my BB will not just fall out, which I was worried about at first glance. The back of the case is hard. The screen protector is very sturdy as well. It does not cover any of the keys on the BB. It also does not cover the LED light at the top, so for you blinkers out there, this case will work.

The front and back speaker each have a cut out covered with silver mesh to allow sound to get out. I did not notice any decrease in volume from either speaker. I tested both.

The case has a very nice and professional look, very sleek. I like the black with the silver mesh. You can order yours in a large variety of colors, with or without a clip, personalized, and different intieriors.

My only problems, one getting the Berry in and out. I had to use some elbow grease, but neither the Berry nor the case were hurt in any way. Be prepared to work to get it in.
    The other problem I ran into was on the sides. There are cutouts for the USB, speaker, and scroll wheel on the sides. These are placed correctly and able to be used. Instead of cutouts for the button on each side of the BB there are marks you can see below in the pictures. These take some getting used to, as well as some breaking in. At first the case is a little too snug and I discovered if the back button is pressed down no other keys on the BB work, but the scroll wheel will still scroll up and down.
    So my second word of advice with this case, you need to have time to break it in. Once you get used to the marks and get the case broken in, it works fine. Not sure what the benifit of covering the buttons is, but if anyone knows, please let us know.

Overall this is a very well crafted and beautiful open face case. I gave this case 4 out of 5 stars as I did not like having to break it in to work first, but I am not a patient person.

Here is the case from the front without a BB.
    Here is the case with my BB snug inside.
    Here is the bottom corner
    Here is the back with the clip on. Notice the vaja inscribed on the bottom.
    Here is the back without the clip on.
    Here is the USB side. Note the three dots that show where the convience button is.
    Here is the scroll wheel side. Note the oval which shows the location of the back button. You can also see the clip attached to the back as well.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Review: Vaja Classic RIO52 Open Face Case for BB 8700

Great review Melissa. I've had mine for a week and I will say that it does become much easier to get the BB in and out of the case. However, it does remain snug to protect the unit. Also, although it took a few days, I can now trigger both side buttons with ease.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Great review!

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

Nice looking case Melissa. And good review.

Thank you. I did not think I would get the camera to take pictures. LOL
    ljbyr Thanks for the info.
    I have noticed it getting easier to get in and out, each time I use it.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

racinrocker no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    24b4c6de

Great Review, the case looks nice and stylish!!

Thank you. It does have a very nice look to it.
    My Blog , My Flickr

digitalslack no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23D1981A

yeah these things suck....
    they are designed well it's just that since the screen faces out you can easily scratch them.
    I had mine 3 days and ran my hip into something and got a few scratches across the screen cover
    I guess the solution is a screen protector for the screen protector?
    i can probably buff out the scratch....will let you know