Verdict: A definate for those who need translation service on their Blackberry or don't trust ... Smartphone Reviews forum

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Review: Translator+

Advertisement

Verdict:
    A definate for those who need translation service on their Blackberry or don't trust their own ability to write in a foreign language
    URL:
    www.shapeservices.com
    Price:
    $9.95 (Free 5 day trial)
    Overall rating:
    4.5/5

*I was actually directed towards Translator+ after Beta testing the new version and learned that there is currently a version on the market.

Scenerio:
    You have a client that barely speaks English and you are wanting to communicate with them, without sounding like you just cracked open a translation book and translated word for word:

Solution:
    Translator+

PROS:
    The main thing that impresses me about this program is its ability to translate phrases correctly. In some languages, if you translate word for word you will come across as not really knowing the language or in some instances you could even insult someone! As some of you may know I speak/write/read Spanish fluently. In the past I have played around with some translating services, and was VERY disappointed with their inability to correctly translate words and phrases.

Here is an example:

English: The green house
    Most Translators: La verde casa (Incorrect)
    Translator+: La casa verde (Correct)

Translator+ does an EXCELLENT job of translating correctly. I definately give it

Now, check out the IMPRESSIVE list of languages you have to translate to and from:

Chinese (Simple and Tradional) to
    : English
    English To:
    Chinese Simple and Traditional, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portugeese, Russian and Spanish. Dutch to: English, French
    French to:
    English, German, Italian, Dutch, Spanish
    German to:
    English, French
    Greek to:
    English
    Italian to:
    English, French
    Japanese to:
    English
    Korean to:
    English
    Portugeese to:
    English
    Russian to:
    English
    Spanish to:
    English, French

Which makes this program a VERY good buy for the money and a necessity for any world businessman or traveler. For the price (especially compared to those of other softwares), I personally don't think this can be beat.

CONS:
    In beta version, no double spacebar tap to insert period. First letters of sentences wont automatically capitalize (however, I bet this is fixed by the time the version being beta tested right now is released).

BOTTOM LINE:
    With a free 5 day trial, you can't go wrong. And if you will use it or if you need it, I recommend you get it!

*Please note that Translator+ does require you to have a live Internet connection while the program is working as translations are run on-line. Program saves last translations in the Blackberry's memory.

N8

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Review: Translator+

great for the traveler!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

I agree with N8DBB totally. This program is really good for someone who is in need of translation in a hurry. I used to use webster's online translator, but I would have to type in all my text. With Translator+ you can just select the text you want to translate and viola! I give it

deezndc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3034d119

I just purchased the app after using the trial for five days but I have yet to recieve my registration key. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I've already sent an email to shape service but no response. I purchased through paypal. Someone please help!
    "A censor is a man who knows more than he thinks you ought to."

When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be disappointed to discover they are not it.
    - Bernard Bailey

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Which email address are you using?

The one I always use is imsupport@shapeservices.com

Ask for Victoria...She's great and will get back with you quickly.

PIN/ID
    3034d119
    Shouldn't the registration key come with the app automatically? Where would it usually be located?

When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be disappointed to discover they are not it.
    - Bernard Bailey

PIN/ID
    3056468b
    If I remember correctly Shape Services will email you the registration after you purchase the app. How long ago did you purchase it? Use the email N8 provided and they will respond asap, they always do.

PIN/ID
    3034d119
    Thanks....I was using the wrong address. Now the new issue! I keep getting the pop up that says "max connections opened", so what now?

- Bernard Bailey

SHAPE no está en línea Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by deezndc
    Thanks....I was using the wrong address. Now the new issue! I keep getting the pop up that says "max connections opened", so what now?
    Try to soft reboot your BlackBerry with the key sequence ALT-CAP-BACKSPACE (press ALT and CAP simultaneously, then press DEL/BACKSPACE).
    If you are BlackBerry 7520/7510 user you need to remove the battery from the device for a minute. To avoid this situation in future, don't press the ESC button on your handset while Web or email content is loaded onto your device. If you want to stop loading of content, select "Stop" from the list of available options.

Victoria
    SHAPE Services

squidbutt no está en línea Stack level 2

can i get something like this but free lol

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Sure, go to google and type in free language translator. Then bookmark the link, works great.